Check this out

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pacificshore, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

2. br00ster

br00ster New Member

ello m8,
    I personaly can't see ANY benifits anyone would/could gain from training/sparring with these!!!
    Well maybe for kids classes or summat??
    The handgun would be handy if you were involved in law enforcement or summat:woo:
    You could always get your hands on some sort of headgear if the wekaf/DP gear was too hard to get a hold off an some light sticks?:D
    Just my 2cents worth... Ian

3. Fergie Boy

Fergie Boy New Member

I spar using a padded stick, it alows you to move freely (body armour can really limit your movements) and target all body parts without fear of serious injury to your opponents. Do you spar with bare knuckles when boxing? I have no information on the quality of this product though.

4. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Another useful place for padded sticks is when you want to start targeting the hands/arms in drills at full speed. They're also nice for grappling with the sticks. You can feel the locks and chokes without the surface abrasions common with rattan.

Mike

5. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

I do a lot of contact sparring with padded weapons, some bought, some home made. For 2 ft sticks we mainly use the cheap padded ones from century, but they do tend to break. The ones I got now are from a different supplier and have a bigger tube and are less breakable.

It does save on having to buy lots of armour or get really bruised up. But I've never used any of the more "Fancy" ones.

We neveer even bothered with helmets either, until just recently. Just avoided striking the face and only light shots to the head.