Check out and comment on my site!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mo Lung, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Hi all

I hope this is ok to post here - if it should be somewhere else, please let me know.

I've recently taken a redundancy from work and moved into teaching kung fu and personal training full time. A terrifying step as I need to start making money before the redundancy payout runs out! Anyway, here's my new website for my business - let me know what you think of it. Any suggestions gratefully received.

www.abactive.com

Of course, if any Sydney-siders want to drop in for a class or need any Personal Training, etc. just give me a shout! (Sorry, couldn't help a little self promotion! Forgive a brother!)

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Good luck with it Alan.
    Start as you mean to continue!

3. Sub zero

Sub zero Valued Member

That's a nice site.

Hope you do well.

4. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

Thanks Holly.

What's going down in groove town tonight then?

;)

5. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Great site. I'll try to come to one of your classes. I do taiji and bagua, but I've been meaning to have a bash at some external styles anyway.

6. Jim

Jim New Member

Love the site, Mo, just a little hard to read the small grey writing at times. BTW, have we met? Spent any time in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne? I seem to remember a mullet like that back in the late 80's. ;)

7. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Good site. The small grey text could be a shade darker against the white background.

Good style and it seems like you've thought out a plan broad enough that you're not relying on one narrow source of income. Good luck :)

Rgds,
    David

8. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Good site mate. All the best wishes and good luck in your new venture!

9. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

He's had it since he was 11 years old as far as I recall!

Site looks nice mate, and you are looking in good shape. I'll have to get my lazy ass in gear now.

10. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

You better be in good shape next time I swing by Edinburgh, HKF-Jim! ;)

Thanks for the comments and best wishes all.

To answer some of the questions/comments:

nzric - be great to see you. Feel free to drop in any time.

Jim - I've only ever been to Melbourne twice and I was still in the UK in the late 80's, so you must be thinking of another mullet! Sadly, the mullet is long gone now. :( ;)

David - spot on observation. I hope to make a decent living with the Personal Training and fitness side of things so that my kung fu can continue. As long as it breaks even, I'll keep teaching and training. It's not necessarily enough on it's own to keep the rent paid and food on the table. Sad but true. I'm certainly not going to compromise the kung fu for the sake of the money.

Besides, I like to train people and watch them get fit and all that. Makes a bloke all warm inside. Mind you, had one fella close to puking this morning! Mwaahaahaahaa!*

*He likes it that way and pushes himself, btw. I'm not a monster!

:D

11. Mike

Mike New Member

I think it's a good site.

Nice clean design, easy to look at and nicely pitched for a wide audience.

Simple navigation, and a nice balance betwen text and graphics.

Only thing I would suggest is to use a contact form on your contact page instead of an email address. Firstly, it's easier for people who are say, in an internet cafe to use, as the email client isn't set up with their details, and secondly, it will save your email address getting added to spammers lists.