chat status, description, bots...

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by khafra, Jun 18, 2002.

1. khafra

khafra New Member

I'd like it if I could put a caption next to my name in the chat, like "bbiaf" (be back in a flash), or "semi-somnolescent" and have a sound alert when somebody enters the room or posts a message. Might help more people to catch each other on chat, since I don't want to leave myself online and not be around, but staying logged into the chat room is the best way to find other people there.
    The bots was just something I thought of from IRC, having an auto-respond to questions with one's own nick in them or some such thing.
    Probably too much trouble to implement, but it might help liven up the chat room.

2. waya

waya Valued Member

hmmmmmm if an IRC type bot is compatible, maybe a weekly Trivia game could be played. Might help glue all our butts in chat for a while LOL.

Rob

3. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Well the chat does make a sound when someone enters the room but the main problem we have is the chat is a applet we use and runs on another server (one less things for us to worry about) so we can't really modify it that much. However we are looking at a way for the chat to report that other people are in it so it shows up on the board somewhere.

4. Jim

Jim New Member

Why not have a space at the top or the bottom that shows who's in the chat room?

5. stump

stump Supersub

Would it be possible to give a visual signal aswell as the sexy"welcome" voice when someone enters the chatroom, say on the bottom strapline where the programmes you have open show up?

Often I don't have my speakers on and if I'm in chat but doing something else I can miss them. It's happened a few times. Dunno how akward that would be but it would be a nice touch!

6. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Well the new chat can have a sound effect turned on for when anyone types message by typing /beepall when you login to Chat. No news on the who's online though or the a pop up type thing.

7. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I don't login though...I hit the 'Chat' button and after about 1 minute (allowing for the applet) I'm in the chat. I can't remember ever login in actually?

8. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

Ok my mistake once your logged in type /beepall in the command line and it'll beep from then on for that session Should also be able to turn it back off using /beepall