Chat Abuse

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cooler, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

We are still having problems with people abusing the chat facility in one way or another. If this does not stop I will be taking the chat room facility off the site, this might sound a bit extreme but if people cannot act in a mature and sensible manner then I don't see how we can keep it on site.

ANYONE CAUGHT ABUSING THE CHAT FROM NOW ON WILL FACE BEING KICKED FROM THE SITE.

It is there for everyone to enjoy we have members from all age ranges on the site please remember that when you use the chat.

Cooler

2. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

wat kind of abusing???
    -TkdWarrior-

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Deliberate Trolling

Use of foul language

The usual stuff

4. Marku

Marku Banned Banned

Cant you just ban them?

whatever you do. there will always be an idiot on the forum or the chat to annoy us. its unavoidable

5. Jim

Jim New Member

Hey, I resemble THAT remark too :D

6. white_sash

white_sash Valued Member

i hate abusers

7. Justin

Justin ITF-Taekwondo

me too

8. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

There are at least one person a night that either is using bad language, being a perv, or just causing problems and starting fights. This is something that we dont want in here and I would rather see the chat go down than to have to put up with teenage and 20-30 year old children.

hehe, sorry i got worked up a little.

9. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

how do you get to the chat?

10. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

haha nevermind

11. Jim

Jim New Member

What about only allowing mod's to open and close a chat room? (ie. you can't be in a MAP chatroom without a mod - there's lots of other places to go if you wanna chat with someone here)

12. Chazz

well if it comes to that, it may be better than shutting it down. I just hope that we dont have to do that

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I think things have improved recently, there's always going to be someone causing problems. The best thing to do with the obvious trouble makers is kick them out and ban them soon as possible.

14. Chazz

I agree with that we should ban them for the first time then if they do it again, cya sister!! LOL

15. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I agree - we should ban more readily - after all - all they need to do is make peace with the admins and they can get their account back - this can be made clear before the ban so they know what they need to do. Worked well with Bon.

16. Chazz

Right, As mods and admins we need to show that we will do something about someone being a problem but we also need to be fair. If you do it one time there will be someone in your face about it, do it again we way never hear from you again. HAHAHA ;)

17. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I love this *********** site, people who abuse it should burn in hell!!!

(die abusers!)

:woo: :eek:
    I ~I~
    ^ ^

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2003
  18. Chazz

lol well i dont know if i feel that stronge about it, but yeah ok

19. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I was kidding, chat abuse is reallly annoying especially when people start swearing, and being racist and stuff like that, I've seen chat abuse on other chat rooms but actually I've never seen anyone in this chatroom???

20. kobudo_tob

kobudo_tob Valued Member

How about some kind of name and shame - just a thought.