Changes at MAP

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mitch, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Just to let everyone know that Simon has decided to leave MAP, effective immediately.

He has been an enormous asset to the site over many years, always ready to post videos and help fellow MAPpers. He has been instrumental in building the MAP Meets into the hugely enjoyable and successful events they are now, events that have raised significant sums for charity as well as bringing many MAPpers together to enjoy training.

On a personal level, he has become a friend, as well as someone I respect for their ability and knowledge.

He has a lot on his plate with his own teaching and the development of HAVOC in the UK, for which I wish him every success. Those attending the MAP Meet in 2019 will get to see him there :)

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Oh no! That sucks. I hope he's alright and he can make a return at some point.

3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Saw this coming a few days ago, but it is still a great shame - I found Simon to be very helpful and community minded, never unwilling to cut into his own time, if he thought he could help.

Travess

4. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

OMG

Driving force on here and a good friend to all as well .
    He will be sadly missed (Or can he be persuaded to rethink ?)

GUTTED SMURF

5. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Damn. Always enjoyed Simon's posts and videos and his willingness to help others.. Hope he comes back at some point. I wish him all the best through.

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Well thats sucks..

7. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Yeah , the news was very sadly received by the mods , we’re really going to miss him , I’d just like to echo Mitch in wishing him well in any future endeavours .

8. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Gutted.......
    Huge respect for Simon and I hope this is a temporary thing

9. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Wish Simon all the best, he's put in some great effort here.
    Hope to see you around posting from time to time.
    Don't be a stranger. :)

10. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

All the best Simon! I hope your concentrated efforts in your endeavours bring you success.

I enjoyed the input you gave on the forum and in many cases the time to make personalised advice.

Take care :)

11. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

That's a pity, he seemed to be a genuine chap.

I wish him well in his future uses of time!

12. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Sorry to see Simon go and I wish him all the best with everything

13. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Sorry to see you go Simon.
    I appreciated many of your posts, as well as your video responses on bag work threads.

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I wish you all the best, Simon. Thank you for all you have done over the years.

15. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Glad he's gone - now I am the most handsome mapper :) :) :)

Hope he has as much fun as is allowed and is mega successful at everything he does.

cloudz likes this.
  16. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I don't know him as well as many here, but still very sad to see him go.

17. ned

ned Valued Member

Met and trained with Simon a couple of times over the years and both times was impressed by his energy and enthusiasm. Also he was very knowledgeable on the arts I'm familiar with and equally adept at passing on an understanding of those new to me.

18. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Huge thanks to Simon for the tremendous work he’s put into making MAP successful.

I wish him all the best for the future, but trust he’ll still continue to post.

19. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mitch's words were that Simon has left MAP, not that he stepped down as an admin.

He won't be posting, nor will he be seeing people talking about the impact he had on them and how helpful he was to them and to the success of MAP.:(

20. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Seems I was incorrect and Simon has seen all the well wishes and thoughts about his leaving after all. He wanted me to pass along to all of you that he is touched by the kindness expressed here. :)

Morik, Monkey_Magic, Dan93 and 4 others like this.