Cerebral Palsy 2

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by Joshua Powell, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Joshua Powell

Joshua Powell A white knight

Greets again. I appologize for not having posted lately. I have been having problems, and my Dr. is trying to figure out what is going on. But I am back now;) I had a demonstration coming up soon...but now I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it. Getting tired alot easier then I used to, but I'm still able to teach most of the time.

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Welcome back. :)

Wheres the demonstration? When do you see the doctor next?

3. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Stronger

Greetings Josh. Sorry to hear you've hit a rough patch. "This too shall pass." Mom always said. Like you said, the plus is you can still teach. I also find teaching to be a constant positive when life is kicking my teeth in. Good Qi to you sir. :)

4. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

Hope you get back on track again mate. Glad to see you back on MAP

5. JFS USA

JFS USA New Member

You might consider adding some restorative Chi Kung to the mix. Solid energetic work sometimes produces great results. Take care.

6. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

I hope you get better soon. Take care of yourself. Do the demonstration if at all possible, it will make you feel great.

7. Joshua Powell

It's going to be at the Colorado convention center in Downtown Denver. I hope I do get to make it. I've been looking forward to it alot. I saw the Dr just yesterday, and I'll be seeing him again on Friday. I see him twice a week now.

8. Joshua Powell

Special Olympics...a little off subject

Hey guys;) Sorry I haven't spoken in awhile...that's what working will do..anyway. I am now not working...which is kind of a good thing. I now only have time for martial arts practice, and training for the special olympics this year...haven't done it in a year so i'm extremely excited. Have any of you ever heard of the special olympics?

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hi Joshua .... welcome back (again!) :)

Sorry I didn't remember you in chat today -- hard to keep track of all you 19,000 members !!

Anyway, good to hear you are training for the Special Olympics.

Yes I have heard of it -- do they have martial arts in the SO ... I've never seen any events in martial arts (??)

10. Joshua Powell

Neither have I. I think it would be to violent for the other people that would participate...etleast that's what the people with the SO would probably think. I think it would actually help the people with dissabilities.

11. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Alright mate sounds cool. So what event(s) are you competing in???

12. Joshua Powell

Track and Field. More specifically 400 meter walk which is one time around an olympic sized track, 1600 meter walk which is almost 4 times around the track, and softball throw.

13. BentMonk

BentMonk Valued Member

Good Luck

Joshua - Best of luck to you. Go for the gold! :)

14. Joshua Powell

Thank you:) I alwayse do!

15. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Sounds cool all the best mate.

So how does it work with the different competitors having different degrees of cerebral palsy. Are you graded in some way??

16. Joshua Powell

Actually it's not just people with CP, but yes I am put together with different people who's CP is close to mine. It has people with all kinds of dissabilities...except for learning ones I believe.

17. Joshua Powell

Hey:) I have exciting news. I get to become the head teacher for a KSW class that I will be starting one week from Saturday:) I am really looking forward to this. This is the piece of information that I'm giving to all my prospective students.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  18. kgarcia

kgarcia New Member

Joshua;

Good to see that you keep practicing the martial arts. I see you are in the Colorado area. Look for a story in the Childrens Hospital magazine coming in Feb 2006. There is a story about a young man named Daniel that is a student of mine. He came to me with two canes and within a few weeks he was able to walk with no canes. I had him on the CaneMaster program. He is slowly getting to where he can kick a bag and is a highly motivated guy. Very imspiring to hear from individuals like Daniel and yourself! :)

19. Joshua Powell