Celebration of increased "tolerance" in martial artists is not a positive thing.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mr. Tickles, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Hhahahahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking before he got confused and defended his other account!

2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

If you wish to discuss Mod action, please do so in a PM to a Mod. Posting to criticise Mod action is against the Terms of Sevice you signed up to.

aaradia likes this.
  3. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

So we have 2 different opinions in this thread.

1. One should always back up and avoid trouble.
    2. One should always stand on the ground, face the challenge, and fight for his believe.

If we are over 50, we may think 1 is better. But do we all want our childern to be strong enough to stand on the ground, face the challenge, and fight for their believes?

4. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

I would like to see what is behind door number three, please…

5. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

When A attacks B,

1. B runs away.
    2. B doesn't run away. B lets A to beat him up.
    3. B doesn't run away. B keeps playing defense until A stops.
    4. B attacks A back.

What can be number 5?

6. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Nope...it wasn't an insult, according to the person who said he didn't insult anyone.

I was simply asking, simply because I didn't want to step into good'ole boy attitude from another forum. Wanted to make sure the moderators were not bias.

7. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Thank you for letting me know, I'll keep that in mind.

8. Mitch

Others may have a different view of course :)

Welcome to MAP, good to have you here :)

9. Graywalker

Graywalker New Member

Of course, and thank you. I searched for a meet and greet, but couldn't seem to find one. Is there a place to do that or do I simply make an individual post.

10. Mitch

Feel free to post in your particular style forum, or in General. It's always good to meet new members and find out a bit about what they do and what their interests are :)

Graywalker likes this.
  11. Flying Crane

Sometimes life is more nuanced than a simple choice between two extremes.

aaradia likes this.
  12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There is only "judged by 12 OR carried by 6". There is no grey area!

13. Mitch

:D

14. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

For some unknown reason, through online discussion, the word "timid" has been defined as good quility for young children. Where is the courage to "help the good to fight against the evil"?

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  15. Flying Crane

I disagree. I do not believe timid has been defined as a good quality for children.

16. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

So you agree with me that timid is not a good quility for children.

17. Flying Crane

I do. However I do not believe that the solution is to encourage them to become a sociopath. Now to be clear, I am exaggerating here. But I’m making a point: there is a whole lot of room on the continuum between Timid and Sociopath. I think that very often people quickly jump to the conclusion that it is Time For Violence, when in reality there is still a whole lot of room yet to find other solutions.

18. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I don't know what sociopath is, but I'm talking about "侠 Xia - chivalry".

I strongly believe to stand on your ground, have courage to face the challange, and protect your faith is a must have quility for young children.

Young children education should include "侠 Xia - chivalry" spirit training such as: courage, honor, courtesy, justice, and a readiness to help the weak.

19. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Can you define specifically what you mean by "protect your faith." What do you mean by faith in this context?

20. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

If you believe that "man should not rape woman", when you see a guy tries to rape a girl, you will jump in and protect that girl even if that girl is just a stranger to you. Your action may involve with some risk. You are willing to take that risk because if you don't, you will not forgive youself not be able to "protect your faith" for the rest of your life.

What this guy did in this movie is what I call "侠 Xia - chivalry".