Celebration of increased "tolerance" in martial artists is not a positive thing.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mr. Tickles, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Mr. Tickles

Mr. Tickles Banned Banned

You "people" will call EVERYTHING a "facade" because it's not EXACTLY like how you would act.

"What?? He likes his coffee light? FACADE!!"

"He prefers chicken to turkey on Thanksgiving? FACADE!!"

You're not "seeing through" a thing. None of you are.

2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I question if you understand the meaning of facade?

No matter.
    Yes, we can see through you.
    Your anxiety makes you put up this mask because you think it will stop you being a target for bullies. You're still the scared child, but instead of hiding, now your lashing out wildly. But ultimately, you're still scared.
    And that fear controls you. We can all see it.

Empty vessels echo loudest.

3. Mr. Tickles

No I just have a personality of my own.. unlike most of you.

Listen, if "truly confident" people were the most quiet, they would have literally ZERO reason to be confident.. because they wouldn't DO anything.

I swear to God the definition of "confidence" is slowly becoming "never backing anything up or being openly proud of yourself for anything."

You know what I call a person who has that? Someone who needs to get knocked out on concrete.

Hey "old man." Am I still on that "tight leash?"

Cause I don't think so.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  4. Dan Bian

Your personality is born out of your reality. Your reality is born out of fear, and so is your personality.

I think you're confusing "confidence" with "Bravado".

A confident person doesn't need to peacock. Because they KNOW themselves.

A scared person needs to shout about how special, brave and different he is, because he doesn't really know himself. He just wants others to think he does. It's all on the outside.
    A mask.

axelb, Nachi and Grond like this.
  5. Mr. Tickles

Ya know.. my coworker had the same sort of attitude.

Wasn't very confident after I put him in a neckbrace.

But what do I know? Mouthing someone off, trying to aggressively interfere with their work, and then whimpering in the corner like a little baby after getting hit is probably exactly what you consider confidence.

After all, "hE dIdN't nEeD tO pRoVe aNyThInG!!"

How far off am I, food source?

6. Dan Bian

Let's not make up stories, shall we?

Once again, you're confusing confidence with bravado.
    If this story is true (which I doubt), then your reaction came from a place of fear.
    Fear leads to anger.
    anger leads to hate.
    and so on..

So very far off.

axelb likes this.
  7. Mr. Tickles

Fear of what?
    Let's see you royally screw this up.

8. Dan Bian

Fear of being seen for the scared child you are.

axelb and Grond like this.
  9. Mr. Tickles

Wrong. I was there to WORK. Not to argue and have said work interrupted by someone who forgot that he's no longer training me.

Next?

I mean Jesus Christ, I assume I should have just let him make me less productive in order to APPEAR to be a more "humble" person?

This is the problem with you people. You're literally too stupid to understand the idea of someone not bending over backwards to have some non-existent moral highground.

10. Dan Bian

And your reaction to that situation shows your fear.
    You couldn't deal with it maturely, so you resorted to violence.

11. Mr. Tickles

Maturely.. okay..

"Oh please sir.. could you so kindly not try to rip my materials out of my hands because you're too mad to do anything else?"

Definitely would have worked. Absolutely.
    You're a genius.

12. Dan Bian

Learning moment:
    It is possible to be assertive without resorting to physical violence.

That you do not know this speaks to your immaturity.

axelb and Mitlov like this.
  13. Mr. Tickles

Words don't work. Suck it up.

Especially not against fat, man-boob afflicted, college-boy types like this one was.

14. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

You can get into the ring and smack down as many opponents as you can.

Old saying said, "When you are in the ring (or on the mat), you act like a tiger and try to eat your opponent alive. When you are off the ring (or off the mat), you act like a sheep, the most peaceful person on earth."

There is nothing wrong to have aggressive attitude. Just use it in your study, career, sport, ... and don't apply toward human relationship.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  15. Mr. Tickles

Was the person who made that saying cannibalized? Lol.

Because I'm willing to bet he was cannibalized.

16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Time for a short holiday whilst you re-read our ToS Mr Tickles.

axelb, Botta Dritta, Dan Bian and 2 others like this.
  17. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I think SOMEBODY needs to see "Creed", especially the beginning. I mean, I would love to own Mr. Tickles' Mustang, but I would personally feel bad about taking those keys. That's just me, most people would snatch them right up, before Tickles was even woken.

18. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Wow. I just enjoy sparring to get my mind off work and working up a good sweat in the process. Am I doing this wrong?

axelb, Botta Dritta and Grond like this.
  19. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

While acknowledging that depending on one's cultural environment-neighborhood,society including the schoolyard,or even the prevailing culture- backing down/avoiding a physical confrontation is not always an option, one should remember that as an individual with any training this will be used in court against you.

One of my elder brothers in my first club wound up in a confrontation and broke a dude's jaw. The fact that he was a serious weight trainer wasn't presented in court but the fact that he was a CMA practitioner was. Not the only time in my town that an opposing lawyer painted someone with some training as the deadliest guy since Erik Bloodaxe.

Even known of the wrong guy,the instigator/attacker /breaker of another's jaw walking out of the court because someone on the other side had some training.

So with the expense,hassle,and possibly spending some time in stir due to legal issues the old adage of "Choose your battles wisely" is really a pragmatic outlook, any ethics/morality/etc aside.

You must work in an awfully permissive place.Any place I've worked physical confrontations are grounds for immediate dismissal. Did you pay for the person's brace and other medical expenses?

You woulda been paying for mine.Which probably means a police report would have to be filed.

I get that sometimes one wishes to stuff another individual into the nearest wastebasket,but if one initiates physicality into a non physically threatening situation isn't there the possibility one is just being a...what's the word? Oh,yeah. Bully?

Sometimes future hassles can be avoided by getting physical. Sometimes a Pandora's Box can be opened.

bassai and aaradia like this.
  20. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Definitely a case of not reading the room. Whiff of (lobster) about him also.

I miss Hannibal...he sure would have made it entertaining....