Catch Wrestling in a street fight FTW!!!

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by slipthejab, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Hannibal - how do you set up a single leg boston crab - i've only ever done it once after a body drop (although there is another vid of me getting into position for it with Slip)

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Personally I hit it off a single or when passing guard. The trick is to lift and isolate the hip before going for it. If you fake a set for an achilles hold the reaction to that will often get them to spiral into the crab

The opening footage of this gives you some idea - take note of the hip lift because that makes a HUGE difference

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uY37Raf5pM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uY37Raf5pM[/ame]

3. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

It did look kinda cool.

4. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Yeah, I get it when I do an achilles hold and they bend their leg to defend it. Lift step turn sit. Saying that it's been 6 months since I've done any serious grappling :(

5. Hannibal

Get back at it slack ass!!!!!!! :)

6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

the point is more that there are fighters who have actually fought before and are quite good knocking on the UFCs doors, and they sign a part time BJJ hobbyist because he has a name known by the under 10 year olds?

7. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm a little older than that :'(

8. icefield

icefield Valued Member

not at heart you aren't :hat:

9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

mushroom turned 11 last week

and hannibal is now a 15 year old troll

10. Hannibal

Those same fighters are unknown outside of hardcore followers. Contrast this to CM Punk who is probably as widely known as any MMA fighter active today

It's a business decision - and for us marks it's awesome!

11. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Pro-wrestling is far more fun than MMA.

They should introduce barbed wire matches in the UFC and sign Terry Funk.

12. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Ah, CM Punk, so maybe we'll see him try that in the UFC

13. icefield

icefield Valued Member

he is widely known to an age group who wont watch MMA because they are too young to have credit cards to pay for the matches and their mums wont allow them to see it lol lol
    If the likes of CM punk could carry a pay per view the WWE wouldnt have had to ask Dwayne to come back, again and again :D
    I was a huge wrestling fan but i honestly didnt know who cm punk was until the rock came back to the WWE and i tuned back in, and out of all the wrestlers who are well known and can actually, well wrestle and do submissions they went with CM punk, really??