cash point fighting

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Killa_Gorillas, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingchunapprent

wingchunapprent Banned Banned

dunno who thew hell he is but if he's real I suggest jogging.

2. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Revenge of the Epic Troll Thread? :Angel: :ban:

3. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Right I'm back from the boozer. I managed to not get myself in trouble. I just channeled Jim Bowen's game show through me head whilst maintaining eye contact firmly with the ground and when people started kickin off I kept stum, just like Steven would have done except in all his films when he just rips their bleedin arm off and they go flying bish bash bosh.

Now whats better for me needs like I said... JKD like Chadders does and is the art of Bruce Lee or Aikido or BJJ. I don't like sport so Aikido is good for me because it means taking guys out with no effort like in all the films and demos. JKD I can't get me head around. BJJ is all about being on the floor and looks good but most of them guys are ripped as hell and I'm a fat lazy git. Can anyone give me a hand here? Whats good in manchester?

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Staying indoors. :rolleyes:

Are you here for serious replies?

Here is my serious reply. If you cannot learn to be nice, walk away, say sorry, forgive and forget, be the bigger man, avoid eye contact and so on, then it makes no difference what art you study.

I'm all for a bit of fun, but this will not be allowed to turn into another troll thread.

5. Killa_Gorillas

As I said. No trouble tonight. I thought Martial arts were supposed to be good for you for confidence and inner peace and all that so I figured I'd ask about. I do have some anger issues but it is what it is. Can Martial arts not help me? I watch a lot of martial arts films and to be honest getting some of your replies here I'm not sure what to think. I'm trying to have a laugh with you but you guys have not been all that kind (some have like dean and them but not all).

I'm a good person. You have to stick up for yourself in life.

6. Simon

Okay Mike, the best thing is to get a copy of [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Fighting-without-Techniques-Personal/dp/1840240857/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347916936&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Art-Fighting-without-Techniques-Personal/dp/1840240857/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347916936&sr=8-1[/ame] by Geoff Thompson.

This great little book will explain how to deal with the different types of aggressor, not just physically, but by use of words, posturing, evasion etc.

In terms of what art will suit you better, well that is hard to say.
    If you want to learn then go ahead and join a class. Being overweight does not matter, fitness will come in time.
    Training in the martial arts if often very different to self defence training.

I suggest looking for a decent self defence instructor. They can help with not just the physical aspect, but also techniques in things like anger management.

7. Killa_Gorillas

Thats very helpful sir thank you.

How do you reckon self defence differs from martial arts I thought they were the same thing? Is Aikido self defence?

8. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

If you want to learn how to fight, fight. Find yourself a training partner, put gloves on, and spar/wrestle 15 rounds daily.

9. Killa_Gorillas

I can fight. Just about. I just want to learn to some skills like you see in the films and demos on youtube and that. What I'm beginning to think is that thats not real? Maybe what I've been doing is what it all is anyway dirty scrappy and nasty and no one looks good and no one is the good guy. Is that all there is to this stuff blood and guts and survival of the fitest?

10. robertmap

robertmap Valued Member

Hi Mike,

I do think you are probably having a bit of fun and that's fine if you are...

If however you are serious, go to Google, type in 'self defence XXXX' where you replace 'XXXX' with the name of your town or city and see what classes are available. Then go along have a look at a class, chat to the instructor, give it a go...

11. Killa_Gorillas

I might well do that.

Don't really know what to think after watching some you tubes on Geoff Thompson and that.

12. karl52

karl52 openminded

Your looking for a basic self defence system,based around improving your situational awareness and seeing trouble coming and avoiding it where possible etc,with some pre-emptive strikes and a basic ability to throw effective strikes,to help you escape danger if needed.Much like what you would have seen with Geoff Thompson.I teach exactly what your looking for and I live about 40mins outside manchester,nr chester( and ive also got a bad knee from years of hard graft)
    With students from 18 up to 69 years old, its about working with the individual and what they have(injurys.level of fitness and all),to build an individual system around their basic self defence needs.

If you genuinely want help PM me for more info and a free one on one lesson if you want to take a closer look

cheers:D

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  13. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Another mod can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think PM works if you have fewer than 50 posts--or was that just the ninjutsu section?

14. forero

forero Valued Member

Apart from telling you that Martials Arts would be more useful for fending off a heart attack, I suggest that you search 'Making of...' on Youtube.

15. Simon

I can't remember if it is 50 posts, or just 20.

Contact can be made via e-mail though.

16. karl52

karl52 openminded

Thanks,

if your pm doesn't work you can contact me here
    sorry Karl, we do not permit e-mail addresses to be shown within a post.

If anyone wants to contact karl52 by e-mail, then click on his username and scroll down to the "send e-mail to karl52" link.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  17. Killa_Gorillas

Thanks Karl,

I'm afraid it all look s a bit too violent for me and a bit too much like hard work.

18. Simon

I suggest not going out. :eek:

19. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Been watching this thread for a while and held back until it moved - clearly it is going nowhere because of asinine responses like thisto every suggestion

You are looking for a shortcut

There isn't one

Take up stamp collecting

20. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

And on that note, what was a mildy interesting troll initially has now become pointless and boring so thread closed!

Half term should see the next troll influx and I believe that is in October... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.