cash point fighting

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Killa_Gorillas, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

What is the best martial arts system for an out of shape bloke in his early 30's with small man syndrome and a gammy leg (bad knee from years of hard graft)?

I am mostly interested in fighting/protecting myself at cash points and outside pubs.

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Boxing/Judo, one, the other, or both.

3. Killa_Gorillas

I don't know about sports mind. Judo is all throwing and boxing looks too hard and it's all skipping about and doing pressups before you get to belt anyone in the face. I'm too fat for that.

Now I'm not an expert.I just want something to help me out when I'm cutting about if I get into a spot of bother and Id quite like something easy. Like Aikido or something were you can kill a man in one punch or just break an arm and be done with it like steven seagal. Is Aikido like in the films?

4. Aikidojomofo

Aikidojomofo Valued Member

It's EXACTLY like that

5. Killa_Gorillas

How long does it take till you can do all that stuff?

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Breaking an arm takes less than a second.

7. Killa_Gorillas

What I mean is if i went to class somewhere assuming I can be arsed how many weeks till i could flip a guys upside down off a punch and then deck him? like in the films? I'm not very fast with me reactions is it even possible?

8. Pretty In Pink

But the training for it takes a lifetime.

Dude, you have to ask yourself how bad do you want to be able to protect yourself? If you seriously want to defend yourself there isn't an easy way about it. If you say to a mugger "actually, I really don't have the energy to be mugged today." You think he's gonna back off?

how bad do you want it?

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Ah...you didn't mention that. Without reactions it's not possible to break an arm.

10. Killa_Gorillas

Don't think I've got that long son.

I'm not on about muggers just blokes getting up in me face and gobbing off. I'm not a big fella and plenty of blokes like to start trouble with me, verbals and all that. I'm not one to take it lying down. I want to get good as I can at something simple. Aikido is very easy looking as it is all about simple moves that do big damage from what I can see... stuff like boxing and UFC look too hard for a fat bloke like me. Plus they beat seven bells out of each other and if anything thats exactly the sort of thing im looking to get out of. I do like Steven Seagal. What sort of Aikido is that then?

11. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Important caveat:

Unless it's your own. That requires no reactions whatsoever :)

12. Pretty In Pink

It's called Bullshido. It's super secret.

13. Killa_Gorillas

Oh right. What about some art where you dont have to move too fast? Like take one in the face but strike the kidneys or something... I dont know.

What about Krav Maga that looks good.

14. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

All i see in my head when reading the OP's comments is

Attached Files:

• 77.jpg
      77.jpg
      File size:
      61 KB
      Views:
  15. Killa_Gorillas

Well I looked that up. you mean Seagal isn't the real deal? I find that hard to swallow.

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Personally...I'd just go into the bank to get money instead.

17. Killa_Gorillas

I already admitted I was a fat git. If anything hes got a better body than me... funny guy too. Wish I was him.

18. Killa_Gorillas

Not always possible. Anyway no telling what going to happen anyway anywhere... bank could get robbed by organised criminals then I'd be screwed. I'd need me Hand to Hand skills to save everyone then like Steven Seagal. Bish bash bosh.

19. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

It is the combination of your bodily description and your dislike of expending energy that reminded me of Nick's character in SOTD not Nick himself; I gather he actually can be arsed. :)

20. Killa_Gorillas

Well then yeah. you got me pretty much simon pegged aintcha?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.