Career - Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by The Decay of Meaning, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

He can always go to college/uni later.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

True but i know I wouldn't want to realise at 24 or something it isn't going to work then have to find the funds and do the education at that age and possibly with family by then to support as well. It's a tough career path yeah but you should have a back up whatever you're doing otherwise I wouldn't be in college now I'd be in the army already.

3. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

He ate the already tenderised delicacy of the guys liver with a nice chianti. That's what anyone would have done in the same situation?

4. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

This is what happened:

The guy started out of nowhere to threaten me at the toilet room, I didn't do anything and we both walked out, but he tried to slam the door as hard as he could in my face. I blocked the door and re-opened the door. I was angry so I pushed him. He and his friend fell on the stairs on top of each other. I thought "*******s" and thought to just leave them there, but my jiu jitsu instincts took over.

I jumped on him, choked him unconscious on the stairs, but some people at the bar wanted me to let him go, so I choked him with one arm while gesturing that they should call the police and pointed at the exit. I looked down, and his hands had gone limp.

I wanted to delay them so I could choke the ***** some more, but I no longer had the grip as tight because I didn't want to kill him.

Since I had him choked for about 15 seconds I let go, but then he woke up almost immediately and half-dazed started clinching. I threw him over my leg and he was airborne, and he landed with his face first on the floor. I secured him and choked him again.

After that the bouncers asked me to let go and I did. He immediately went to the bathroom and started to fight with the bouncers, and walked towards me, and I hit him in the face.

After that he tried to walk towards me again, and I kicked him in the liver.

Afterwards he was at the bar and couldn't move his leg, his shirt was teared up. On top of that I didn't have a scratch. The bully was in obvious pain and his face grimaces were hilarious.

I realize being a professional athlete and competitor you walk with injuries all the time and things can get pretty rough physically, mentally, financially, but the point of the story is that I for some twisted reason I genuinly enjoy fighting.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  5. CDKungFu

CDKungFu Valued Member

Fair enough, if the guy was coming around and still trying to cause trouble, I don't blame you.

It's not twisted that you enjoy fighting. Why would we have tournaments, UFC, Boxing matches, bare knuckle matches...etc. It's human nature for a lot of us.

Twisted would be you enjoyed fighting and then getting naked and running through the streets shouting I love smearing Marmite over my privates. :D

6. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Going back into education isnt going to cost that much in college only if your a mature student and uni fee's cost anyway. So with college then why are you there if your going into the army? They give you all the training you need there.

Surely you should know by now if you could get in or not and set your goals from there.

You may as well put 110% into everything now while you still can there are plenty of things I regret in life I can not do now. Its like saying I'll train in chemistry to be a chemist but incase it doesn't work out ill do art as well because I like to draw! Splitting your focus will never allow you to be the best you can be its either everything or nothing

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Main reason being I want to do the police as well so decided to hold off and go for the TA, seocnd being I applied a little while back and got rejected 'cos of my eyes so I need to kill time until I'm 18 and old enough to get my yes sorted. Might as well take advantange of the free education while I can!

Some guys in the UFC only trained a few years before they got a break and with things like the ultimate fighter I think it's getting easier (not easy but you get my point) to get a career without having to have trained you're entire life. Natural skill helps there but I can imagine someone in their early 20s with some boxing experianc or something basically going to live in an mma camp and getting a shot. Maybe not become a champ but definately an undercard fighter at the least.