Carano vs Cyborg

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Su lin, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Silverado

Silverado Valued Member

Forgive a man for asking, but what is with all the hype about female fighters 'making weight'???

Yes, I'm aware of the Cyborg fight where she didn't make weight, but what I want to know is this; is it extremely difficult for women to cut weight prior to a fight?

If so, why do women not fight at their natural training weight?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

i'm an guy. an uncompromisingly selfish, arrogant guy. deal with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2009
  3. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Or she could tear you apart limb by limb... (these MAP ladies are crazy!) :evil:

Seriously though, you're being rude. If you don't have comments that relate to the fight, don't comment. Saying "I root for the hot chick" is very disrespectful and adds nothing to the conversation.

4. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Actually these two fighters have both missed weight in the recent past. Carano, multiple times.

But my understanding... without getting too gross about a subject I have no first-hand experiences with... is that there are certain times of the month where cutting weight would be difficult due to water retention and changes in biochemical makeup.

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

If the "thing" I am disrespecting is without value to me, then I simply do not CARE that I am disrespecting it.

Your condemnation of my words are flattering though, to say the least.

6. Flinty

Flinty aspiring nak muay

Only reason why cyborg won is because it's Wandy in a wig...

;)

7. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Cris "The Female Wanderlei" Santos.

8. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

Well ain't that just peachy. :rolleyes: I'd love to see how far you get in the real world with that attitude. ;)

How clumsy of me; I meant to accuse. :evil:

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yes, I notice it myself when trying to cut weight .For this reason I'm planning never to need to cut drastic weight to fight. I'm walking around at around 63kg right now so I would never go below 60kg and I would never go above 65, which is quite big for me.

It's really annoying actually, I can train loads, do loads of cardio, eat really well and there are times when the weight just won't drop.

Lily, do I get to be Cyborg? :D

10. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Su Lin - that's the right attitude regarding weight cutting. Better just be 2-3kg either side of fight weight so as not to let that add to the pressure of pre-fight conditioning/training. That being said, i need to take my own advice and cut!!!!

Infrazael - baller...

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Yeah , my cut begins in ernest tomorrow. Need to get myself in shape and fight ready :D

12. Zealot

Zealot Valued Member

Okay,Lily and Su lin,how long before you're both ready for this MAP rendition of the Carano/Cyborg fight?
    Also,where will it be held?

13. Touch of death

Touch of death Valued Member

Carano is hot, when did they fight

14. liero

liero Valued Member

august 2009...

dates of posts are in the top left corner of each post. Your a little late