Carano vs Cyborg

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Su lin, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Who takes it?

An actual woman's fight as the main event AND they both made weight.

I'm thinking Cyborg may take it but am not underestimating Carano. Thoughts?

2. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

I would love for Carano to take it, but Cyborg is outstanding. It'll be a good fight whatever the outcome, and a great win for women in MMA and the MMA world in general.

My only worry is that currently this is the only big fight in female MMA. It would have been nice if they'd built up a few more fighters before hand to keep the general publics interest going in womens' MMA after this fight. That's not to suggest there aren't any other good fighters, its just the media is very focused on these two right now.

I'll be cheering for Gina, but wouldn't be overly suprised to see Cyborg wearing the belt.

3. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Moved to Fight Discussions.

I expect Cyborg to crowd Carano and bury her in a flurry of punches and knees, but many pundits on Sherdog predict that Carano will use her footwork and out-technique Cyborg.

There's lots of other good bouts on the card, too. Jay Hieron vs. Jesse Taylor isn't too bad, although it was thrown together at the last minute. Damn Nick Diaz and his drug habit! Looking forward to seeing if Gregard Mousasi can continue to post impressive wins; I expect him to KO Babalu Sobral, who tends to throw hands with people he shouldn't. But we'll see. I think Babalu weighed in at 201 for this fight... Then there's Ishida vs. Gilber Melendez. They're both good wrestlers, so this might come down to who's got better striking, which I think is Melendez.

4. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I see Carano as much more of the heavy hitter, so if she can put all her combos together, then I'm hoping she can squeek this one out!!! I'm pulling for Carano :)

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

That fight was terrible. Looked like amateur MMA.

On the other hand.

BABALU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

No it didn't at all. It was actually a good fight.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Well Cyborg took it as I thought she would. Carano just didn't have enough strength. She covered up well but got taken down a few times and didn't look like a threat at any point. It was good to watch, even with the "Ooooh did he stop it after or on the bell" moments. Good to see a women's fight getting top billing.

8. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I think it's kinda lame how she gassed SO quickly. C'mon now, that is faster than BJ Penn or Alistair Overeem gassing.

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Who Carano? Yes she did, but Cyborg is much stronger and has a crazy training regime. That didn't make the fight look amateur though.

10. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Carano gave up mount twice! TWICE!!! I mean . . . why?!?!/ I blame this on Randy Couture, everybody who trains under him has been losing (BADLY!) lately. I hope Nogueria chokes the life out of Couture (sorry I just don't like Randy).

11. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

cyborg will be exposed very soon.

cyborg will be exposed soon, just wait!:woo:

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

13. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Yup, called it on your fb Su, Cyborg is just too big and strong for Carano. Didnt think it wouldve been 1st round though. Right on the buzzer.
    Thing is, Cyborg in at least 2 occassions were digging her fingers to Carano's face/eyes. No one mentioned it tho.

Cyborg did 2 horrible takedowns which made Carano get into a mount, then gave it up?

14. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Carano never fails to disappoint.

15. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hello you!!!!

17. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I had to support Carano because I always root for the hot chick. Even if she is a megomaniacal mass murdering psychopath.

18. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Hi Su!!!!! We need to reenact this Carano vs. Cyborg thing without the facial damage.

Oh and Inf...way to denigrate women's MMA into a chick-watching fest.

19. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

There's another reason to watch it?:hat:

20. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Close your eyes...