Capture smoke

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Please reality, Nov 20, 2012.

1. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

So again. Maybe one reason more people dont get "there" is they are closed-minded and just not able to accept the unfamiliar.

Even when they think they are.

2. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Said idiot got promptly tied up on the floor. I'm saying this to make it clear that I don't doubt what the old timers are capable of.

3. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Damn straight.

4. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Now this thread is getting strange.

We missed you Kagete. :)

5. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Smoke is smoke.

6. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Oh dear...

Why would anyone want to be fighting a guy with twelve blades and friends? Seems like it would be more prudent to get out of dodge. Not sure we are discussing the same thing. This thread is about something other than movies featuring Banderas and guitar cases.

7. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

It's simple - two to draw, two to throw, two in case you get disarmed, two to give to a friend, two to leave behind with the corpse and two for when you're fleeing from the dead guy's family.

8. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Hell if I know, but people have tried far stupider things.

9. Please reality

I thought it was judged by 12? Anyhoo, please point out what any of this has to do with the OP. You aren't really contributing anything other than humor to the thread so please keep it on topic or your posts will be reported. If you believe that the "old timers" can move a certain way and assuming you don't believe that it was a natural talent they had at birth, they had to have achieved such skill at some point by some means. This is what we are discussing here, not Sayoc or the Hunted, or any other movie with a lone hero vanquishing impossible odds.

10. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

And that's because you don't live in an area which makes use of lay judges. Or where vengeance takes precedence over impartial justice.

I'm basically saying that I think you're needlessly trying to apply a mystical dimension to something that is, in actuality, quite simple in nature and mainly pertaining to decades of training. As Ice-T put it once, "every damn thing I write is gonna be analyzed by somebody white".

And I don't do Sayoc anymore.

11. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i'm familiar with the part of the godan test you're talking about. and no, i don't study ninjutsu--i box, i grapple.

12. peterc8455

peterc8455 Valued Member

You know I usually agree with a lot of the things you have posted in the past regarding the art; however I'm having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here.

Generally speaking I don't think the "argument by analogy" approach works very well because they tend to fall apart in the end. IMO its always easier to just present facts, evidence or logic to support the case.

As an aside "trained your ki" and "mastered their own energy and can demonstrate such ability"? At first glance it sounds odd; however I guess we would have to define some things first before I commented further.

13. Please reality

I'll only address the part that is on topic...

The things I described in the OP are part of the ryu. If you study the ryu and get far enough along, you may hear such descriptions to describe different techniques or different facets of the arts. Also, if you learned the meaning behind each technique in each of the ryu, you would find yourself face to face with such "mystical" descriptions. So if you do actually study these arts to any depth, you will not find any of this needless, in fact it will be quite pertinent to learning the art at any deeper level. I don't think decades of training is a prerequisite either.

14. Please reality

Ki, though not often discussed much, is very much a part of these arts. I'd also add that if you learned the kihon and kiso training properly, you would have been training your ki from the beginning of your study. Nuff said(as this thread really isn't about that).

15. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

The question is: is there, in actuality, a different - perhaps even better - way to get these concepts across?

Maybe we'll never find out. Or maybe we will.

16. Please reality

No, that's not the question. It's a question. One that you should feel free to discuss on a thread you start about it. It is not the question here. If you want to participate on this thread, please stick to the OP or be reported.

17. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Maybe by not thinking about it in those terms.

18. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Does frost actually land on things?

:confused:

19. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I don't really see that this question is off topic. Some of Kagete's previous posts in this thread are of questionable value. But this one, in particular, seems quite pertinent to me.

That said, use of the report function is generally based on how someone explores a particular issue. Even if I think it's a valid question, if someone pursues its answer like a complete ****, post reports will ensue.

All of which is to say that 1) a differing opinion isn't grounds for either a report or another thread and 2) whichever direction this conversation takes, it'll be civil or it'll be moderated.

20. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Vague pseudo-mystic references aside, what you are describing is not unique to ninjutsu. If that was your goal for this thread it backfired. Virtually every martial art is based on similar principles to what you have described in this thread this far.

And check the temperature in the Devil's bed chambers. I actually agree with Kagete on the training of these concepts. Every art has their own idea for what is the "best" way to train these concepts. How effective each way is is open for interpretation. In other words, make sure the smoke really isn't just a fart cloud.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012