[Capoeira] So Capoeira....

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Martial_Mathers, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Martial_Mathers

Martial_Mathers Capoeirista

..makes it to America's Next Top Model...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER5MBo7p5SI&feature=PlayList&p=B08E09B728ED6005&index=49"]YouTube - ANTM Cycle 12 Episode 10 Part 2[/ame]

Mestre Eddy Murphy appears to be part of Axe Capoeira (..per a link sourced on Capoeira.com, and the logo on his pants). Enjoy!

Fast forward the video to 3:09

2. YellowFury

YellowFury Valued Member

i heard about this from one of my friends

3. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

God, that was painful to watch! Especially the photoshoot. Poor girl got kicked straight in the face, too. I'm wondering why the mestre's apelido is Eddy Murphy, since he looks nothing like Murphy.

It might've been a better episode if they just did a photoshoot with the infinite number of beautiful women in Brazil who already practice capoeira. Ah, well.

paz,

dormindo

4. Martial_Mathers

According to the Axe Capoeira website, his apelido was given to him because he is constantly smiling (..much like the actor whom he was named after). Mestre Eddy's first name is Edilson, so Eddy is short for his first name.

5. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Ahhh, makes sense, especially as Murphy himself is always smiling.

It would have been interesting if the models had to actually take a class. It would have been fun to guess which of the young ladies would have come through with flying colors and which would have cracked under the pressure.

paz,

dormindo

6. Martial_Mathers

That's what I was hoping to see as well. A few of those models looked worse than most beginners that I come across.