[Capoeira] Peace Offering

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Guerilla Fists, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

When I joined MAP I dissed Capoeira and after having my art bashed I regret my light joking.
    I do respect your style and passion for it.
    So I'm offering you some music suggestions I used to play to when I took a couple classes to help my breakdancing.
    These aren't hip hop songs but are real tribal and inspiring.

Tribe
    Umbabarumba (Homen Goal)
    Bleed
    Fire

All of them by Soul Fly Tribe. Check out their other songs if you like these.

2. Kosh

Kosh New Member

I dont know what to say...

3. M3inline6

M3inline6 Valued Member

The peace offering is accepted bro. Welcome to the fam. Truth be told, every art gets bashed one way or another, some just catch it tenfold. TKD is one art that gets bashed heavily as well. People just need to understand that people take martial arts for different reasons. Somebody might choose Tai Chi as opposed to BJJ because the art is better suited toward them, and their goals. Maybe they are looking for peace of mind, and unification, whereas your average BJJ practitioner wants to fight all the time, and probably has an idol who fights professionally (Cage, Pride, UFC) as motivation. You'll then have a Capoeirista who likes to fight, but doesn't like the hard edged dojo practice..........meaning, grunts.....silence....etc. They'd rather have the music, the culture, the fight, etc....because it's more motivating perhaps? Sh1t, not to mention fun as hell! I've trained other arts before Capoeira, and none of them stimulate me on so many levels like Capoeira does. I also will say that I've gained more body control doing Capoeira than I did doing Muay Thai or Hwa Rang Do.

4. Guerilla Fists

Guerilla Fists New Member

Yes, I think too often we fall in the habit of pressing our reasons for doing an MA on another. For some it is just a hobby and exercise. For others it is a job. And the list can go on. That's one thing I've learned from being on this forum is that the martial arts community, planet if you will, is full of as many unique reasons for practice as there are unique styles.
    Much respect to what you all do. Having dabbled and been an acrobatic break dancer I respect the dexterity, flexibility, and overall fitness it takes to do what you do. A person in such shape is a force to be reckoned with on its own.
    Peace,
    GF