[Capoeira] how about this

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Anomandaris, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

2. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

what no one has anything to say?

lots of people have looked but no has replied.

I cant believe that the capoeiristas dont know if thats real or not...

3. DoshKel

DoshKel New Member

This part of the forum is extremely slow, and a lot just look heh.

The link doesn't work for me, but if you could explain it to me that would be awesome. Also... if you were wondering, it is Roda (pronounced "Hada" or "Hoda" depending).

Cheers.

4. Anomandaris

Anomandaris New Member

the two guys are in the middle of a fairly large circle of other students.

the band with the drums, bow thing etc are forming one part of the circle.

the two players are performing lots of jumping spinning kicks and ducking and weaving a lot.

5. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Yes, that's how a roda works. :)

6. rain

rain New Member

well, yes, this is how capoeira is played, but in my opinion in this video they play
    from a long distance. we use to play closer to each other

7. DoshKel

DoshKel New Member

Yup... that is pretty much the typical Roda :). Some also sit down while playing Angola... which is just as fun to watch/play as Regional in my opinion :D.

Is it a VERY big circle? It could be a Batizado if there are a lot of people and Mestres there.

I wish I could see the movie :(.

Cheers.

8. Jaded

Jaded New Member

That would definently be Regional. I've never practiced regional but with my experience with Angola the reason they stay kind of far apart is because regional stresses the speed and is much more of a high game and emphasizes florieos (cartwheels, flips, etc..). Its probably more of a safety issue. Would you want one of those kicks to connect? I'm sure if you were to see two Mestres play regional they would be much closer. Angola is a much slower game thus novices can afford to be within range and not have to worry as much about "spitting chicklets", as my teacher always says. Also if you watch they are, for the most part, dodging the kicks the other is throwing even though they are distanced.

The grouping of instruments is called the bataria, the long bow instruments are berimbuas, then the drum, can't remember what its called, and the tambarine, also can't remember what its called.

The roda is serves a similar purpose as sparring does.

9. nenn

nenn I'M SPICY!

it sounds like a roda to me but i cant see the video either, and unless im mistaken its pronouced "Hora" ->"hOra" (kinda strech out the O and say "ra" quicker. if that makes sense