Can't get in to Chat!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by Xue Fang, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

I used to be able to get into the chat rooms fine, but I recently needed to format my computer... just got it up and running again but now I can't get into the chat room. I click on it, the little bars load and everything, then I get the blue chat room screen and the window where you talk.... but I don't get the little window beneath it where you can type messages and then post... The first time I went in it said something about downloading FlashPlayer, and I clicked Yes and it appeared to download, but I'm still getting the same thing. I also tried altering my internet security to allow popups and cookies from MAP but that didn't do anything either. :bang: Is there something else I need to download? :confused:

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Have you tried emptying the cache ("temporary internet files") and getting rid of the cookies? Might be some dodgy flash files there for some unknown reason.

3. Xue Fang

Xue Fang Bluebelt

Oddly enough, I just tried going into chat room this morning on the off chance, before doing any suggestions that may have been made here, and it was all up and running fo rme. :) I guess my computer was just playing up yesterday. :rolleyes:

4. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Glad its working again now :)

5. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

What you have described has happened to me on a number of occasions, I normally turn to Opera or sometimes IE :eek: usually I find at least one of them will work...