Canelo vs Lara 2014-07-12

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Zinowor, May 27, 2014.

1. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Well, I'm not saying Canelo didn't win, as I haven't even seen the fight, but the odds were going to lean his way because they want a fight with Cotto. A fight that will mesh well with styles... but if Cotto fights anything like he did vs. Martinez then Canelo will be peeing blood for quite a while.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Is Alvarez to fight Cotto? I didn't know that. Something they're banging about or is it a done deal?

3. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Not a done deal, but that was the talk before he signed to fight Lara. I think that's the fight roach would like to have Cotto in though. It's a 7 figure fight for both guys... hard to believe it wouldn't happen.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I've not put those two together in my head till now. It might be...but you know, I had high hopes for Canelo/Lara - hadn't seen the fight, but I've read enough accounts to know that I'd not been keen on the fight - the way it proceeded.

I think I'm fairly safe to say it won't go in the manner Lara's did, but it just seems when I've high expectations for a certain fight...its the one's I don't think much of that turn out to be barn-burners.

I'm almost afraid to think about it too much, lol