Canelo-Golovkin-Cotto

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by puma, May 22, 2015.

1. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Damn, I don't know why i thought they had fought twice, must be slipping in my old age, but given that Froch is in his late 30's, hollywood might offer a better retirement plan than Ward ever could.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Its easy to do especially given Carl had fought Groves twice and there had been serious talks about a second Ward fight but Ward warn't keen on fighting in Nottingham..

IIRC, it an independent film but in either case, I don't think Carl too bad off in the way of money. As you mentioned, basking in the limelight is its own lure. ;)

3. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

It says quite a bit when the Nottingham is more of a sure thing than the Bay Area, but even still, i'm not really sure why anyone would want to see that fight again, ok, on the cards it was close, but even when Ward was coasting, Froch had to fight like hell, and all that has happened since then is that Froch appears to have gotten slower.

4. belltoller

Looks like Canelo-Cotto may happen in November at a 155 lb catch-weight. Should b finailised sometime this coming week.

Looks like Carl Froch may have a bone for Golovkin, afterall. He's been sending a few nettlesome Tweets aimed at Gennady - which is typish of Carl's style when he is building interest in a fighter.

In other news...

Pork Belly futures were mixed on this mornings opening of the London Commodity Exchange...

5. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Well, of all the fights GGG is going for, Froch looks the most likely, so here's hoping the sniping builds somewhat, who knows, if he takes Froch out he has a much better claim to the winner of Canelo-Cotto, granted, this is boxing, and being hopeful is often pointless.

6. belltoller

Agreed. If MMA, has anything over boxing (in the entertainment business sense), it would be knowing that sooner or later, the fights that should happen, probably will happen.

7. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Amen to that.

8. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Damn, looks like GGG needs to get the winner of Cotto/Canelo on lock if he is to make his name before the year is out, seeing as the cobra won't be lacing his gloves back up.

9. belltoller

Yeah, I'd just glanced at a "Frock to Retire" headline today :(