Can you help asap?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MATT_LIQUID, Jul 29, 2003.

1. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

I was realy psyced up for a run yest but stopped as the so called jog proof diskman kept cutting out in sound, as I jus bought it for the sole perpose of jogging I went back through the door in a big huph, got to the end of the street though.

Are jog proof discmans supposed to be jog proof?

2. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

No, they are usually skip proof with a 5-10 second delay. Any jerking would constantly stop the music and replay a few seconds later.
    Dont let the music be the downfall for your running. If it skips too much or resets itself all the time, find another means for motivation.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

You need help asap on wherethere or not your walkman is jog proof at 3am? What on earth are you planning to do? :D

When you say diskman, do you mean minidisk players, or something else? Take it back, get a new one, if that does the same, get a new brand. If that does the same, don't bother.

Personally, I don't like using walkmans in public, you can't hear whats going on around you, which can be dangerous.

4. Jazman

Jazman New Member

as far as my knowledge goes the "all-skip free" ones supposedly memorize at least 1 song I think. I suggest getting one with a 1 minutes skip protection, maybe it'll be a little bit better... I've never heard of one called "jog proof" though...

5. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

i have seen a few that didnt skip. i dont remember which brands but i know they are out there. You could always get a Mp3 player. Those are getting pretty cheap now and dont skip:D.

6. Nimrook

Nimrook New Member

or to solve all the problems go buy a radio walkman and just listen to the radio. No skipping

7. Fergie Boy

Fergie Boy New Member

Solid state MP3 players are great. Creative Labs have some good ones under £100 for a 128meg built in memory.

8. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

my sony minidisc never skips it rocks its a sony mz n10

9. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Or you could dig out the trusty old walkman cassette player. They dont skip and are cheap as dirt!

10. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

point noted

11. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I had this problem.

Solved it by either........ A holding the thing in my hand......... my good long distance running style means my arms don't move a lot!!!

Option B popped it in a towel in my bag on my back... problem solved!

:D

12. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

I took it back to the shop got refunded £70 then bought a strap on radio (straps to arm, strap included) for £40. It's nike as well and the sound is pritty good. Now I have no excuse not to run (dam).