Can women defend themselves against men?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by FF1994, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

1. Again, I see people like you lie on the internet all the time. If it actually happened, we'd have video evidence. We don't.
    2. See point 1.
    3. Do you understand what a sample is? It's a small portion of a population that represents the population. We have a large sample size of all the CCTV footage and yet, we don't have one example of a woman disabling a male attacker. We do however, have thousands of a man disabling other men and women. Why is this the case? Hell, even if there is one out there, it would be one for women compared to thousands for men. To think a woman can beat up a man is just idiotic, and the evidence supports this. I'm still waiting on that footage if you can find any. It would be a lot more valuable to this discussion than your "girl power" delusions. I don't get it; if it exists, show evidence. Seems simple enough to me.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  2. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod note- FF1994. Please note that profanity, including masked profanity, is not allowed on MAP. We are a family friendly forum. Please refer to the Terms of Service. You can click on the icon that brings them up at the top right side of your screen. Thanks.

3. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

My bad. Won't happen again.

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJzPxJydqfc#t=22"]LiveLeak - Good job, Lady. - YouTube[/ame]

Let the evasions recommence.

5. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

Lol I've already seen that video. It wasn't even a female martial artist; it was some feeble old lady in a 3rd world country and all she did was push a man and he hit his head. Explain to me what skills she used to disable him. Oh that's right; she just pushed him and he hit his head. Anyone can do that. Now put those two in a cage match and who do you think would win? Exactly.

6. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

You're shifting the goal posts now; if you truly think that every man could go toe to toe with Rhonda Rousey you're dreaming.

7. aaradia

Why do you use something happening in a "3rd world country" repeatedly as if that invalidates anything that happens there?

Obviously, you do not understand the difference between beating someone in self defense and sport matches.

You originally said (paraphrasing) no women could well, basically inflict damage on a guy in any situation- period. This was in reference to a self defense situation, not a MMA fight. When that has been refuted multiple times on here, you change the terms to it only meaning a woman can't beat a guy in a cage match. You DO understand the difference, right?

Are you aware of the San Diego serial killer John Albert Gardner? He killed two teenagers. Another young woman got away by using martial arts and elbowing the guy in the nose. When she asked how his nose was at his sentencing, he got enraged and called her a liar, but well, she survived. So I believe her version over the serial killer.

A woman who hurt a serial killer badly enough to survive. A large guy. And she did have years of martial arts training. But I am sure you will find a way to dismiss this too. Maybe you will side with the serial killer who denies it happened?

Warning- disturbing description of an assault and attempted murder and rape. Although said in a way safe for tv.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbPADWXADKw"]Victim relives her assault - YouTube[/ame]

Here she is at the sentencing where she ticked him off by mentioning the attack to his nose. Skip to 3:08 to see this part.
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CraYOJNhcuE"]Families Lash Out at John Gardner - Killer Becomes Enraged at One of his Victims - YouTube[/ame]

8. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

I never said every man can go toe to toe with ronda rousey. I said women can beat up men to mean a vast majority of women can't beat up men. It's a generalization. Yes, there are exceptions, but they're extremely rare. A professional female fighter, for example, may be able to beat a weak man.

9. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

It's not the fact that it occurred in a 3rd world country, but rather that the perpetrator is usually some skinny as mess, drunk bum in those videos. That's the typical perpetrator in 3rd world countries. I mean those guys couldn't even walk straight. Also, I never said a woman couldn't inflict damage; I said she couldn't beat up or disable a male attacker. Like in the example you just gave me, honest question: if it were that large male serial killer vs that woman in a fight, who do you think would win? Exactly. I totally believe in self defense for women, but in the sense that they can do enough to escape, not to disable. The idea of a woman totally incapacitating a man or winning a fight against him is what I don't believe is possible, except in extremely rare exceptions. That's why my original comment was addressed to the person who said he saw a woman beat up a man at the airport. That I don't believe.

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

11. Ero-Sennin

Here's a woman beating the crap out of a guy in an elevator

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCNkULbI-vg"]Woman beats a man to the ground after he gropes her in elevator - YouTube[/ame]

12. Ero-Sennin

Here's you posting nonsense:

13. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

This is a fake video. She's the girlfriend of a famous kick boxer in China, and this was staged for publicity. Lool it up if you don't velieve me. Nice try. The woman knocking out the bouncer may be real though, but again, an extremely rare example. My point still holds and isn't nonsense. Women are much weaker than men and cannot disable or beat up men. Thank you for proving that further with a video that had to be staged since it couldn't happen in real life lol.

14. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

What a foolish belief.

First as this is the self defence forum we're not interested in beating anyone up.

Secondly we're not interested in talking down women training in any capacity.

Thirdly I suggest you take a look at mma, boxing, judo and any current Olympic sport to see how much women's sport and training has changed over the years.

Your outdated and sexist outlook isn't welcome.

Can women defend themselves, yes of course they can.

Is every man strong enough in mind and body to defend themselves, no they're not.

Edit. I've just been reminded on another thread of the Olympic rugby sevens.

How about you go to the local women's rugby sevens club and tell them they're all too weak and feeble to defend themselves.

15. Ero-Sennin

Whatever man. My point is mostly that looking up videos involving women overcoming men physically isn't hard to find. You seem to be missing that although you've stated there are no such videos around. Sorry if I'm not willing to invest time and research into everything when the topic is so asinine and full of ignorance and stupidity that I would find licking Crisco out of my chest hair as being more worth my time.

Unfortunately I'm out of Crisco.

#Hannibal for the bolded.

16. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

It's clear you're just upset that was a fake video, and you got called out on it. I think my point has been proven pretty well now: women cannot overpower men, and the extreme lack of video evidence supports this. You found one video of a woman headbutting a bouncer. Only one. And if the two had fought? He'd have one. So how can you still claim women can overpower men? Again, self defense may work for women to escape, but they can't actually disable any men, and it's clear from you resorting to fake videos that the evidence supports this.

17. FF1994

FF1994 Banned Banned

The reason it's important to inform women they cannot disable an attacker is so that they don't have an inflated sense of confidence like many do. This way, they won't try to stay and fight and will run at the first chance they get. And if you think women already know this and it's not important to teach, take a look at some of the self defense programs out there, specifically Model Mugging. On their website, they specifically state they teach women not to stop until their assailant is knocked out, even if they get a chance to run. This is dangerous teaching, as I've just proven women cannot disable a male attacker.

As for your "rugby women," you think a woman who plays rugby is suddenly twice as strong as the average woman and can go toe to toe with a man? Lol you're dreaming. They'd get overpowered just like any woman who tries to fight a man.

18. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

You haven't met the right women.

How much would it cost to get you in the ring wearing a "women are much weaker than men" T-shirt against this woman?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oGhsXEXYPo"]Ronda Rousey Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

19. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

That's bad advice for anyone. Genitals have nothing to do with it.

Oh, and you've proven nothing. Just because you've never seen something, doesn't make it untrue.

20. aaradia

While we are at it, FF1994, do you even train in a martial art? I notice you are quick to put down women, but haven't even discussed your own training.

No introductory post. Really no post on MAP except to put down female artists. So, what is your frame of reference? What do you train? Do you spar? How long? Since you think video's are the only proof for a point, can you back up your own training with some video's of you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.