Can some people be gifted...

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Orangeseger, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

Thanks - I try to restrict my criticisms to activities and behaviours rather than individuals, though if someone persistently makes personal or aggressive remarks then I will challenge them.

But why should I have to keep defending them? And if I am required to do so, do you think I should be wishy washy? You are a man of strong opinions and a fairly fiery temperament, PB - just try to think about how you would and do defend what you believe.

2. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

You have to keep defending them because of your crusading nature. Personally is amuses the hell out of me but don't moan about having to defend them, you are the source of your own battles Joanna but that doesn't mean the shouldn't be fought.
    I am the first to defend your right to say what you want within the TOS. I may disagree with you but I certainly admire your fighting spirit.

The Bear.

3. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

I have very strong personal beliefs but I chose not to bring them to MAP. I use this forum to discuss IMA and leave the rest in my private life. It would be better if all religious wanderings were split from the threads by the mods and put in the religion forum. Then the rest of us can get on with discussing MA.

I do get fed up discussing qigong and getting drawn into the same 'qigong is a cult mkay' roundabout.

Carys.

4. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Aren't we all... "The war lies within... there is no war..."

5. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Well, i will go, but won't rag on her.

6. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Thank you for your wise words - I will go.

7. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Never.

8. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I'm missing Ninja Warrior.

9. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

I noticed a similar effect. I drank nothing for about 6 months at one point because of qigong--it would all make me dizzy. When I finally started drinking again it took only half a shot of vodka to set me giggling. I've been able to build a certain tolerance back up, but it's still much lower than it used to be. I've noticed a similar effect with various medicines. It seems to only take a very small dose to have a strong effect. My theory is that qigong speeds up bodily processes and therefore "clears" things out of your system and returns you to a "drug naive" state much faster. Therefore, while most people might have to not drink for a month to lose their tolerance, someone who does qigong might take only a week or less, returning you to a state like a little kid who gets giddy with a sip of wine. I guess it's probably healthier that way--and your alcohol goes a lot further!

That being said, my qigong teacher's teacher apparently drank like a fish in hist later years (not good for his qigong practice, I'm sure), so one definitely can build up a reasonable tolerance again, it's just kind of like starting from scratch, I think.

10. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Sounds like qi gong is making you weaker, if anything. I can drink like a Viking and still remain pretty much the same... There again, that could say more about me, than drink... or Vikings...

11. Julie (MTA)

Julie (MTA) Banned Banned

This completely baffles me. Why don't you just not drink?

12. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

Because drinking is fun? :rolleyes:

13. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Julie, did you study "positioning" for your honours degree? It means defining yourself via oppostion to things.

14. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

It's all in your food, anyway, people - food is the drug that keeps you fixed to this artificial reality! Stop intaking it, and you soon start seeing that trippy other world... It's just food that keeps us here... heh...

15. Julie (MTA)

Julie (MTA) Banned Banned

No.

16. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

First thing I did not giggle. I said it out right, your coordination is bad or poor at best.

If you want I can tell you where I live so you can come fight me. jkzorya!

You can take it personal all you want it does not hurt me a bit.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  17. jkzorya

What a sad little creature - feel free to PM me if you are ever anywhere near Yorkshire UK and you'll be quite welcome to come and have a spar or a fight or whatever you like. Don't think I'm travelling just to beat up someone silly.

18. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Oh. Well, it's not a crude joke you know, lol - it's an ideological mechanism whereby we define our beliefs not by what they are, but by what they aren't - taking a stance, say, against opposing ideas. If you haven't noticed, the world is fairly close to being blown to kingdom come by people who are enslaved to that mechanism... All that matters to them is what they aren't...

But the real key to that is that it tellsus that ideas are all binary - what seems like "the opposite" is actualy a part of the same idea... God/Devil... Good/Evil...

Or - oppositions - Christianity/Islam East/West...

Did you study Derrida? Brilliant thinker...

19. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Heck yes! I will, it might take some time sense I live in America the midwest specifically, Oklahoma now. I am not little by no means. It will be worth the experience its self to me. Getting to beat up on someone that full of them selves. I also have 20 years in Pagua, Hsingyi, Taiji and Shaui Jiao. It should be interesting.

20. jkzorya

"Pagua, Hsingyi, Taiji" ... you mean you are a practitioner of...

The INTERNAL Arts???!!! :eek:

Suddenly I feel a lot less cause for concern...

...you've probably spent most of that 20 years practicing forms and meditating. :p

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007