can some one help me out plz...

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by 4th chamber, Jun 23, 2003.

1. 4th chamber

4th chamber New Member

ok , so i been looking in to Muay Thai and it seem like a sport i would love to do but i cant fine no classes in my area .I was just wondering if ne one on here knew ne places around South East London where classes take place . Thanks

2. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I don't know how close this is to London but I found it on this site.

Club Name: Phoenix International Academy of Mixed Martial Art
    Style: JKD, kickboxing, thai, western boxing, BJJ, Silat,,
    Address: 51A Lime Street, Ouseburn Valley, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, NE1 2PQ

I hope that helps.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL! Only about 400 miles Chris :D

4th Chamber - have a look at this...

http://www.muaythaiuk.org.uk/HTML/ClubListing.asp

4. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

400 miles? Big deal. Start walking.

5. YODA

LOL! Now THAT's what I call cardio :D

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Makes a nice pre training jog i think :D

7. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

yeah and then a nice warm down on the way back :D

8. 4th chamber

4th chamber New Member

JediMasterChris i think that ones just a bit out my way
    thanks yoda just what i needed :D

9. YODA

Nah that wouldn't work.

If you're travelling from London and heading North - why go back? :D

10. WhiteWizard

great point LOL

11. WhiteWizard

in fact why stop there just come to Scotland its miles better :D

12. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

4th Chamber,

I haven't trained there but I've heard very good things about the KO Gym in Bethnal Green and that they have recently moved to a new training facility that is supposed to be very good indeed.

Details on the link that Yoda provided.

13. SoKKlab

SoKKlab The Cwtch of Death!

As Sport Muay Thai,
    Ko's Gym at Bethnal Green is decent and they have trained some decent fighters. Their Commercial classes elsewhere, are mainly just that...they have their own syllabus, which contains elements of Judo and Full Contact Karate/ Kickboxing technique as well as Muay Thai. The gym for Fighters tends to concentrate upon Ring Rules Muay Thai. If that is what you are looking for.

Other Sport Muay Thai Camps in London are Cobra (At The Queen Vic Sports Centre SW1) London Vipers train around W1, but also have classes in Camberwell (That nearer to you 4th Chamber?). Also, depending how far out in SE London you are, remember that Keiran Keddle and his Brother have an apparently very nice place in NE Kent (Beckenham?). Google it and I'm sure that you'll find something to suit your purpose. Good Luck.

14. 4th chamber

4th chamber New Member

yeah camberwell is like ten mins away from me ,i was lookin at the viper's site they seem like a good place to train but on there site its says there classes in camberwell aint for beginners all there thai beginner classes are to far away from me . i think Bethnal Green is to far 4 me i need some around central london but not to deep in , say some thing round soho , oxford street

15. Jags

Jags New Member

there used to be a muay thai class running near SLough (Berks) but i'm not sure if it still is, if ure interseted i will pop don and find out 4 ya?
    ;)

16. SoKKlab

4th Chamber,
    How about Dee Force at Columbo St Leisure Centre SE1? I know nothing about them BTW, so can't vouch for them. They do Beginners classes(Wed nights I think) and Bermondsey is South Eastish.

KO Have a couple of classes at Oasis Leisure Centre Covent Garden and at Jubillee Sports Centre, Covent Garden. They are a bit Pricey though, especially the one at Jubillee, as you have to pay eight quid for the class, plus two quid for day membership of the Leisure Centre. I'm sure that you could find as good classes elsewhere for less money, unless you are loaded and price is no issue...?

17. 4th chamber

4th chamber New Member

erm nahhh im not loaded so that KO one out of the picture . if u got a number 4 "Dee Force" r give them a ring and c if can find out a bit more information

18. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy New Member

Why do americans think that England is this tiny island where everywhere is within a few minutes drive...

Anyone seen Shanghi (however you spell it) Noon? perfect example of that. Where there in london... they crash out of a barn, drive for about a minute, go headfirst into a rock, and HEY PRESTO! There at Stone Henge (however you spell it)... just a minute journy from london...

19. SoKKlab

Er,
    England is NOT an Island Andy, honest. There are Three countries on the Island of Britain (England, Scotland and Wales for any interested AMercans), but yeah, I know what you mean...