can anyone?

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by known, Jun 8, 2003.

1. known

known New Member

hey,
    can someone go over ju jitsu because i might be starting it and i need all the info on it that i can!
    thanks, c ya
    known

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

What type of JJ?

3. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Hi there. I have practiced karate most of my life but I am aware of the weak areas and decided to take up Jujitsu to fill the gaps.
    I only went a couple of times but it was fantastic. I have now decided to give up my week training karate and change it for the jj. I'm just doing karate at the weekend now.
    I too am unfamiliar with different variants of jj and do not even know which style I will be learning. I knew I liked it, it works and I was not concerned about finding out about the ins and outs. I will when I start commiting myself to it. So from that I guess I would advise you to get down to the club you have in mind and start training, you will learn more that way than by anyone telling you.
    Incidentally when anyone asks me about martial arts I always tell them that if I was starting from scratch with the knowledge that I have now Jujitsu would be my chosen style.

I'll be interested to read the other responses and I am sure that I will be posting threads regarding my own jj experiances in the future.

Good luck with the training and just get stuck in!!!!!

4. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

What types are there? And how do they vary?

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Too many to go into when you're planning taking up a particular version anyway. Find out what they teach where you're training and I'll find out some info for you.

6. known

known New Member

k,
    thanks yoda, by the way about the number you gave me, i got the real numer. its 00353776686..
    c ya

7. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Thanks. Yeah I guess it was like asking someone to describe all the syles of karate. I'm going on Monday, I'll make a post then.