calling YODA, or other UK knife people!

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by mild7, Oct 30, 2003.

1. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

One valuable thing I have learned from this is how easy it is to get crucified on the internet, because sarcasm and subtelty rarely works when you type it out.

I am still... amused .... that a statement I made has been mistaken for a described act of violence.

That being said, this is not the first time something like this has happened to me! But then again, if I could'nt accept it I would'nt be posting here would I?

But please, no more crucification of mild7. Mild7 is a cool dude who just wants to make a trip to the UK at the end of the yr, and has decided from info on this thread not to bring a knife along. I guess I'll have to walk the filthy streets of London with a few other people, and not by myself as I originally planned to.

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

(note to self dont usse US slang around UK people it will get you nailed to a cross)

For waht my opinions worth I spent a few weeks in London most of it alone wandering the Tube and never once did I even get teh feeling that some one might try to comit an act of violence aginst me which is good because all my toys were in my room across an ocean.
    Maybe England is safer than some people say.

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Sorry if we've misunderstood you mild7.

If you look at other comments you made such as "the filthy streets of London", and "I hear you lot are catching up slowly on the MMA scene. Slowly being the keyword, but at least the wheels are turning", you can perhaps understand why we felt less than endeared by your posts.

If you fill out your profile, people will know where you are from, and then perhaps make allowances.

4. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

thanks to andy murray.

I have to say, I am a sarcastic person by nature and in my non-internet life. Thus, the 'filthy streets of london' comment was a tribute to Lee Murray. :)

For those who don't know, it is alleged that in a fight with Tito Ortiz and Lee Murray, which happened on a london street, Lee knocked Tito down and kicked him in the head. It was then alleged that Lee told Tito that was how fighting was done on the 'filthy streets of London'.

Whether the incident is true or not, I found it hilarious when it was conveyed to me, and at the same time, quite sorry for Tito, who I have a lot of respect for btw.

With rgd to my comment on the UK having a slowly developing MMA scene, I believe it to be true, in the sense that it would make NO sense for me to fly to the UK for the specific purposes of training MMA. Personally, I get all the Vale Tudo I want here, all the BJJ in Brazil and Muay Thai in thailand. The UK will be, a recreational and enjoyable trip for me, and not one that will be made up of training time. That being said you have produced a fine fighter in Ian Freeman.

Cudgel,

Yes, I believe London to be a safer place than Compton. :) But from the tales I've heard about East End killings, it made me think of bringing my trusty Delica over with me.

5. Andy Murray

As am I. I'll be reading your posts with more caution in future. :D

Andy rushes off to see if he's related to Lee.

As regards MMA in the UK, you're probably right, but there are definitely some people you should look up if you get some downtime.

No doubt when Yoda gets back from his hols, he'll have a suggestion or three.

6. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

have you read my posts on the thread 'most useful grappling art'? You can find it on the submission fighting/vale tudo forum. Nobody understood what I was saying, but it did give me a lot of laughs.

Like I may have said before, you lot crack me up. To clarify, this statement is not made with any ounce of offence, but rather... a kind of love for my internet acquantainces. Hopefully that was'nt too much information.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  7. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Yep Andy, I trained MT and BJJ with Rick until I had to sacrifice some training time recently (damn trying to be a professional engineer!).

Rick is regarded as the best (and first) JKD instructor outside of the US.

On a note mild7, f***y is pretty much a swear word over here. and if you talk about hitting one when your in a pub you'll probably get some free practice off of a couple of overprotective rugby players.

Col

8. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"American" English.

No further comment. :D

9. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Yeah, an American once told me on the forum he didn't understand my 'European English'! :D

10. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

I have always lobbied to have 'american' as a recognized language....

you have portugeuse and spanish. Similar but different. I think American and English are different enough to be considered different languages as well.

No point teaching someone 'english' if he wants to come to America. He'd end up fighting everyone who passed a good compliment on his girlfriend. :D

11. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

I guess I'd better brush up on my 'english' lessons before my trip....

12. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

I think our ladies have a habit of taking care of themselves mate!!! :D

Why not try the line on when you come over??? :D

Training partners don't come much more violent than an upset women ;)

13. Andy Murray

I'd reccomend it :D

Especially if you are spending time in Scotland, where we speak an applied language, as opposed to a theoretical one.

14. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Banned Banned

Its nothing new the language barrier, read my sig quote!!

The similarity ends though in our inferior martial arts scene, oh yeah the fact that we are not arrogant as a birth right, just kidding :D

15. Andy Murray

Ah, Arrogance, Ignorance made manifest. :D

16. mild7

mild7 Valued Member

America is bliss. amen.

17. xubis

xubis New Member

And you think carrying a knife to use against them is a good idea?