Calling camera 'experts'

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Moony, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Not bad for a point and shoot. Fuji makes some decent gear. I've got several of their professional 35mm digital bodies with Nikon mounts. Their RAW software is good stuff. But with a point and shoot none of that really matters.

3. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Yeah, it seems pretty good, I like it. It's really cute!

4. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww KP!!! :love:

Forget megapixels, CCDs, battery life, optical and digital zoom, ISO 400, etc. etc. go for cuteness. :D

5. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Yay!

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

That's the main reason why I'm getting a Nintendo Wii over an Xbox360 or PS3.

Sure the new Nintendo has an amazing games line up (Zelda, Mario, Metroid...) and a highly innovative way of playing games, but the over-riding factor is that it's dinky and cute. :D

7. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

The Nintendo Wii is just soooo adorable though! I really want one!

8. succubus

succubus so hot right now

how much is your budget, mate? and it depends what you want to do with it too.

in general, the things you'll mainly be looking for in a point n shoot are:
    price - is it worth it?
    optical zoom - as much as possible
    megapixels - 5 or 6. more than 7 is a waste though
    manufacturer - is it a manufacturer that has easy, worldwide support?

that camera has a 3x optical zoom. not toooo bad, but for that sort of price you can get more.
    megapixels is fine
    manufacturer is good too.

having said that, i recently recommended this camera to a friend: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Canon/canon_a530.asp

she bought it and loves it to bits. it works fantastically. it's slightly cheaper than the fuji, has 4x optical zoom, 5.1 megapixels, and canon also has really good, worldwide support.

if you're feeling richer, you can get a better model. if you look on dpreview.com, you'll see a whole bunch of options.

the A540 is one step up from that one. it's has an extra megapixel, and costs about $50 more. the A700 has 6mp, and it boosts the optical zoom to 6x. doesn't have the cost on there, but i reckon it would be just under $300.

9. Origami Itto

Origami Itto Walking Paths

The Z3 is apparently designed for the ladies, and obviously they got it right! Also available in light pink. :D

Good features and good reviews too.

10. Moony

Moony Angry Womble

As i was talking about getting a digital camera in sept but still havn't got one my parents are either getting one or helping me get one upto their spending limit. i kinda like that one but some one else, a MAPer has said that the fuji F650 would be better. Also my mum told me to look at the fuji ones as they know they'#re a good make (my dad has one).

11. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

:p

that mapper being me!

Go for the 650 moony - its a better camera

fuji are great camera - Ive had 2, and no complaints ..... except that they made me want a D80