Call Me Maybe--military version

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mitlov, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

This may just be the best thing on the whole internet.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzDPv12ZOEA"]Call me maybe Orginal-Military - YouTube[/ame]

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Lol, it's not original, the one on the left is the Miami Dolphins version, I've also seen the Military one separately I guess they parodied the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders?

4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Yes. I know who Carly Rae Jepsen is and that she's not a Miami Dolphins cheerleader ;) The Miami Dolphins cheerleaders made a video from Carly Rae Jepson's song, and then the soldiers parodied the Miami Dolphins video.

5. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Holy out of regs. (out of regulation grooming standards) on the military side : P! That was a good one though!

6. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Isn't that what I just said?

7. Ero-Sennin

Attached Files:

8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

I think some of the older ones that seem to have started the trend were better. But that might be my musical taste.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeBH9UNVG7I"]Sun King Hey Ya - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld1DTmXesTo"]Is This the Way to Amarillo? - YouTube[/ame]

9. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I think the choreography and lip syncing was a bit sharper in your versions jwt, music preferences aside.

10. itwasntme

itwasntme Valued Member

I don't think spec ops are held to the same grooming standards.

11. Ero-Sennin

I don't think those were spec ops, lol! Grooming standards are relaxed for SF, but having styled goatees and beards aren't something I ever saw. They're usually relaxed so guys can grow their hair and beards out and their command has to tell them it's ok (yeah . . . there is paperwork for it). It's usually long hair and a rugged beard.

12. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Maybe they were contractors?

13. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

[shows video to the rest of the internet of US soldiers mimicking a ditzy cheerleader video with remarkable accuracy and some pretty awesome improvised props]

"Hahaha"
    "LOL"
    "Love the smoke grenades instead of trees"

[shows video to MAP of US soldiers mimicking ditzy cheerleader video with remarkable accuracy and some pretty awesome improvised props]

"Their lips are off on the lip-syncing"
    "The British army did this first"
    "That beard is against regulations"

Jeez, guys, let your hair down a little ;)

14. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I'm just worried that you think that's the best thing on the internet ;)

15. Ero-Sennin

Hey! If I had to put up with being told I needed to shave in country then they darn well should be held to the same standards! I can tell you, it's painful to shave in country when you have no access to hot water and have a month old razor! They should feel the pain too!

16. mattt

mattt Valued Member

As you should know, the best way to avoid razor burn in the field is to avoid hot water, and watch out for those little guys bursting into flames. (GMV in case of tumbleweed).

Also, did you know that you can sharpen a razor by rubbing it on your arm (backwards of course)? It's quite the trick!

17. Ero-Sennin

I would take razor burn by using hot water over the feeling of tearing my face off any day :mad:

I'm also skeptical about rubbing a razor backwards on your arm. Buuuutttt, I'll never have to "give it a go" because I shave when and how I want to now. Which is almost never :p

18. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

Screw that! I hate the "well when I was a lance I didn't get xyz" argument that 1st Sgts throw around to justify silly decisions. Nothing will ever get better then!

Anyway, you don't necessarily need a no-shaving chit if you are out in the field and don't have access to water/electricity. I mean, we didn't, but the unit that replaced us did. Heck, they actually had to shave DURING A FIVE DAY FOOT PATROL!!!

19. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

There's been some pushing back about the beard prohibition given that having a beard is an asset culturally when interacting with rural Afghani men.

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/ar...estion-military-no-beard-rules-in-afghanistan

20. Ero-Sennin

Yes, yes. Commanders showing up and demanding things that don't contribute to the effectiveness of a unit is very common in the military. God will come down and start talking to crowds of people, face to face, before the military starts making sense. Good thing this article came about during the draw down right?

(And I'm sure this reasoning, since it makes sense, is one of the reasons SF grow beards)