Bully!

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Judderman, Jul 10, 2004.

1. The Kestrel

The Kestrel Valued Member

Heh, it seems like the old fascist phrase:
    "Who doesnt have the strenght to defendi his place in the world is made an slave"

Then, the victims are slaves of the bullies.
    So, why they doesnt defend their place in the world?
    I lack psychic strenght, but i excel in weapon management.That what earned me a place in the world.

2. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

It's not as simple as just standing up for yourself. Victims of bullying are usually outnumbered by loads.

3. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

Yes unfortunately I've experienced this first hand, and if you read my older posts you'll know what I did.

4. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

Bullying is about the strong exploiting the weak, if there is no weakness then there is no bullying.

5. zero

zero New Member

I just figured I would share my own experiance with a bully
    I was about 13 and in my first year of high school I was targeted by one of the more violent bullies and on one of my perticulary bad days he just had to start in on me but i wasn't going to have it I turned and with all the strengh i had I swung and broke his nose but he was about 200lbs and a good foot taller than me he broke my the orbital socket over my left eye severly damaging my eye fractured my jaw and broke four ribs I was in the hospital for three months recovering from this. Now I know the [right thing] would have been to call the cops and have them take care of it but after all that I thought I deserved to get some payback so after I was all healed up me, my brother,and a couple of our more "unstable" friends decided to pay him and his little group a visit needles to say it was a brawl.
    But thankfully since no one cares up here the cops wheren't called.
    sincerly
    zero

6. Ling Kuo

Ling Kuo New Member

I couldn't agree more. At the school I go to there are two types of bullying, both of which probably continue into adulthood. One is physical bullying i.e. shoving smaller people into a wall in front of everyone else just for a laugh and challenging them to fights. The other type of bullying is one with cunning and scheming involved. For example there is a boy in my year who has been bullying me for six years - he is has a few friends and gets along well with the teachers and not many people like him. He is in fact the only person who has ever managed to bully me.
    All the other types of bullying all the way back to childhood I could deal with. I am small for my age and don't look that intimidating so you would think that I would be a target. In the first few years of school I was frequently pushed around in the corridors and called names. Talking to the bullies as you could imagine did nothing and each of them were clever enough to evade an enquiry from a passing teacher. However at a cross country run in the changing rooms I got into my first real fight. This large boy who was around 6 feet (I was like five two at the time) thought it funny to push me into the wall. I was nearly impaled against a coat hanger. He not realising how much he had hurt me kicked me in the shin to arouse more laughter. I had had enough. I kicked him in the shin with a lot more power and elbowed him in the chest.
    After that no-one ever physically bullied me again after the rumour that I was a blackbelt sinked in.
    The boy whom I mentioned from the start however decided to play around with this thought. Before that incident he turned teachers against me, spread the most outrageous rumours imaginable about me and waited at the end of each lesson when everyone had gone to taunt me. I am in his tennis class now unfortunately and keeps tauntig me to show him my MAs. He frequently punches me and shoves me with his body weight to see how I would respond. I just shove him away and move away from him as much as possible. He then says things like "You're not very strong. Quite weak actually." No amount of talking will stop him either. He gets on with other people very well and those people have no idea that hes a bully.
    I still don't know what to do about the guy so I guess I'll just have to get through my last year of school and ignore him praying we don't meet up at university!:D
    Why did this boy target me in the first place. The strong targeting the weak?

7. marcusknight

marcusknight Valued Member

everyone has a weakness and bullys are not strong, if they were they wud not need lots of them to fight one person, they wud not fight ppl to get a repuation so that ppl leave them alone, i think bullys are weak ppl, putting on a strong face to try and threaten other ppl that may threaten them, its like the typical player interms of getting girls.

how often have you seen a guy who is succesful with women boast about his strenghth and try to make out he is stronger than everyone around him, girls then think he is and so do guys, yes liek a bully he will have unncesary fights to keep a reputation, but both bullys and players are cowards, how often have you seen a bully pick on someone stronger than him, how often have you seen a player fight, and if you hjave did you look into his eyes and see the fear.

my point is, although most certainly there will be those who disagree with me, i believe bullies are weak, if you stand up to a bully they will leave you alone and these players who i hate cus they are such jerks are real cowards!!! ive been let down by them so many times, bloody jerks!!! when it comes to facing multiple attackers or ppl who look aggressive what do they do, they run away and leave any girls to try and defend for themselves!!!, ok sorry ive mentioned players so much in this post but they are really annoying me at the moment, they are such cowards and selfish buggers :woo: .

please dont ban me for swearing its my first offence and i dont plan ne other ones. :Angel:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  8. blackarmchair

blackarmchair New Member

There is something to be said for the strength vs weakness debate. But what is important to understand is that if an alleged "bully" had any real strength to begin with he or she would not be interested in picking fights with the weak. I mean, I like to think I'm strong and I search only for opponents who have a good chance of kicking my ass. That's the way I learn. A bully is just a very delusional weak person.

9. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I would tell my kids the same thing my old man told me. You are not to lay your hands on anyone unless they touch you first - if they do, hit them as hard as you can right in the eye so they get to wear a shiner for the next 2 weeks. Then people won't bully you anymore.

10. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

That's what I told my son. he was excluded twice.

It's all about self defence (if they're good enough).

Is the other person a threat? etc:

If you don't you'd better have a full list of schools in your area.

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Thanks for the advice.

12. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

In high school, bullying's a pretty big thing. At least it was while I was there. Honestly the most effective thing I've seen for it is sharp, sudden resistance. On two seperate occasions, I was bullied back in high school and responded with a backhand. Not hard, not even enough to make a sound, but as fast as I could. 5 years into Tae Kwon do and Kempo, it wasn't fast, but it was way beyond your average high-school bully. One guy responded with threats about not doing it again. The other guy threw a punch. I covered it and entered down the middle with my own. I didn't follow through to land it. By then he didnt want any more, and both times it was the last I heard from them.

A confident, calm, polite carriage does much better, but bullies generally aren't the wisest, and it's inevitable that someone will fail to notice or care at some point, so despite the detached, unrealistic policies of public schools in general, I think you should be prepared to defend your long term well being, physical as well as mental. You all already know, but here's the disclaimer about physical violence always being a last resort.

13. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

This kinda worked for me. I occasionally got laughed at for being unusually polite, but I never had any trouble from people because I was difficult to get a rise out of.

Probably partially just luck on my part though.

14. Timmy Boy

Wow, this thread's been going a long time!

IMO physical strength has very little to do with bullying. It's much more to do with your social status at school.

The traditional view of bullying is of a physically stronger kid picking on a weaker one. However, this almost never happened at my school. People did take bullying seriously, but if the victim was lower in the school's social hierarchy - e.g. one of the geeks or goths - then they didn't really think of it as bullying. It was just an accepted part of life, and it was "funny". Bullying, to them, was where someone in *their* social group of "cool" people got picked on by someone a lot bigger. This made it extremely difficult for the usual targets of bullying to retaliate, which is exactly why they were picked out. For example, I was a lot bigger than most kids who picked on me, but if I ever retaliated, I would have had a load of people in my year and the year above coming after me.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  15. Kabal

Kabal New Member

I was never really bullied in school thanks to a friend of mine from london muscular black guy thank god he was my friend kept me safe through school haha. Contradicting myself a little though I don't think there is such a thing as bullying I prefer the term annoying person. Basically if you are attacked by a group of people that is a gang which is what they generally do. If you are verbally attacked by a single person it is by an annoying person. My cousin who lives at home with me annoys everyone I suppose you could call it "bullying" he calls people "****" nicknames them etc but the funny thing is he has had his ass kicked for it many times and has even ended up in hospital. Basically a bully or "solo bully" will eventually find himself either dead or in hospital - on many occasions. Where as people in gangs may be safer but may end up in prison. Evil will never succeed in the world and will eventually get what is coming their way. If someone annoys you and they are alone don't let them get away with it, if they are in a group run away. I am not sure about what to do in school if you are approached by a group just move school I moved school once because I had no friends and was kinda bullied by a group of people. I moved to a school nearby and everyone was very friendly and nice. So that's my philosophy there are gangs and annoying people. I think bullying is a word open to much debate if you ask me.

16. Timmy Boy

I think I see what you're getting at. Eventually, people who choose a life of violence and bullying are going to shoot themselves in the foot. The desire for "respect" from their peers by looking like a "badass" can quickly spiral into actual crime. Their disdain for academic achievement and constant suspensions and expulsions at school will eventually accumulate to ruin their careers. The attitude underlying bullying will also fail to impress people outside of the school environment; at my uni, the few bully-types who slip through the net just make themselves look stupid due to the more mature and genuinely nice peer group.

I think the difficulty is the psychological damage that bullying causes. Constant bullying going on for years can seriously diminish the victim's self-esteem to a point where, even later in life, he/she will face serious difficulties in trusting people and being confident in him/herself. The aforementioned comeuppance that bullies receive also seems so distant and not related directly to the pain that the bully cause to the victim.

17. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I personally think you have to stick up for yourself, talking rarely solves the problem. I remember being in the last year of comprehensive school and there were 2 lads with an attitude problem, they were always verbally giving me aggro but i used to just take no notice, but the one day they decided to get physical, pushing me around and i just went nuts ran at them and rammed the pair of them into the dressing room lockers, the teacher walked in as it happened, looked at them on the floor, looked at me and laughed and walked away ( i was the smallest kid in the fifth year, about 5 stone soaking wet and about the height of a primary school kid (Not much taller now!!!), these 2 were alot taller and heavier but they never hassled me again).

18. Lazarus1121

Lazarus1121 New Member

or it can be cycled by multiples of force. Attempt redirecting negative energy so that it can used to your advantage.

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  19. Kingx38

Kingx38 Valued Member

my first day of a new high school i got in 3 fights...I broke some guys nose and then just beat the other 2 hard, havent had any problems since then..But i have stood up for my lil cousin who is two years younger then me and gets picked on quite often.

And a note on weapons: Dont use them..Seriously it dosent matter if your just showing a knife to scare them.Back at my old school, there was this one guy who was getting seriously bullied on.One day he had enough of it and brought a Dagger, one of the other guys pulled a gun and shot the guy....The shooter went to jail and the guy almost died.

20. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

agree that there's very little point in people who are being bullied telling someone. Ive tried it and the bully gets told wjhat hes doing is wrong and then he came at me twice as much becasue id grassed im up. But i also dont agree with punching the person out for two reasons. One: they could be better than you and most bullies do it in groups and no matter how good an MA you are nobody can fight multiple people for a sustained period. Two: In a school environment anyway, you often end up in more trouble han the person. Until a couple of years ago i use to be a very withdrawn person with a great fear of getting into a fight. Tihs changed when I joined army cadets for one as i got more pride and self respect, but also when a guy four years above me picked me up by my neck. I kicked him in the crotch and i was suspended for assualt and the guy was lt off because he was a "vicitm". My way with people now is a mix of both. I try to get them on the floor and put them in a very loose chokehold so im not applying pressure but they no im in control. When a bully goes from thinking their the bst to being dominated and they cant dom a thing about it, it tends to change the way they act. blody hell that was a bit of an essay!