Bullshido

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Emil, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

REALLY? But doesn't that offend Baby Jesus, like my bat avatar did?

2. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Baby Jesus is only offended by stupid n00b threads. :D

Especially those relating to Bruce Lee, learning weapons via DVD and "Where is the nearest MA school to me?"

He doesn't like Bruce Lee, hates DVDs, and wishes more people would learn to use the phone book.

3. Asia

Asia Valued Member

Ofcourse thats because TINKLE had more comedic value. :p

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Are you taking the pee pee?

5. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

No, but after all that tea, I really have to go wee wee.

6. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

So the conclusion is that the T.O.S. doesn't stop Potty Mouth?

7. MadMonk108

Over on Warrior-Scholar, the filter just puts in "I'm a Potty Mouth" every time you swear.

8. Mixitup

Mixitup Banned Banned

p*** is though, don't get that

9. MadMonk108

If your **** is blocked, you might want to see a urologist.

10. DouglasLam

DouglasLam Valued Member

What is so good about this? You are the one using "WE". And it is not us versus them, it is just directing at the particular group of regulars who need to put others down to make themselves look good.

You call assume and then accuse AS reading between the lines? Excuse me, but I made it very clear I am directing at THIS particular group of people in BSD and not EVERYONE in BSD. There are still responsible ones around. Stop imagination of "reading between the line". There is only one line.

You see? You assume again. You do not even know what I am trained in and you generalised me as a TMAer?

Thank you for realizing. Well, it is a person's goal that matter more. Different people learn MA for their own reasons. You like MMA? Fine! But why need to bash others' up? The goal of MA is JUST fighting? Is it the only goal? Then, all you need to learn is how to use a firearm. ;)

Meditating monks are not myths. Even normal people meditate. Wuxia? I am heros exist too and there are more than enough actual heros around.

Yes, you are right about some clueless TMAers, but there are many clueless MMAers too. It is obvious when they start refering to the beloved MMA as REAL. Interviews with top MMA fighters will reveal even these professionals understand that what they do are totally different from a real situation and they acknowledged they will fight differently too.

What is so nightmare about people who do c.wushu or XMA? Many enjoy viewing them. Why? Just because they can do moves you cannot? Just because they have different goals from you? Is it fair if people start judging you in the same manner?

Yes, I can only reply in accordance to what was being said and perceive them respectively too. I mean, they judged others whom they have never met, never know or simply beyond their understanding.

As if they met everyone else?

Wait, now you claim they cater only to a specific mindset? and any other mindset is wrong? Thank you for agreeing then.

Oh! I was honest. Really. I am really honest about them in here too.

I am sure many are avoiding IT. If it is pointless, why did you reply to my opinon?

Yes, you are. I am sure there are losers here or anywhere else. The thing is, innocent people gets it too. I had came across 2 losers in BSD whom after being quitting their school because they LOST while sparring and got their ego hurt, went into BSD to attack. Guess what? "the particular" group of BSDer join these 2 losers to bash. Instead of the original goal of exposing REAL Bullshidos, BSD have became manipulated by such losers and the rest are just too happy to join in the "Fun".

TMA vs MMA? It was never like this. It has always been this particular bunch of BSDers vs ANYTHING-ELSE.

I disagree, most of the time, they attacks anything they are clueless about. You share your genuine experiences with them hoping they will be benefited, they insult you.

But it is fine, they are the one who is going to lose out on such benefits. Now, who is stupid? :D

11. MadMonk108

Hey Doug, not to sound sarcastic, but...what's your point?

You're all over the place.

Can you give me the concise version?

12. DouglasLam

DouglasLam Valued Member

I have made my point very clear in my first post here. :)

I am sorry, but the thread went all over the place......and I believe I should reply when the post was quoting me. Am I wrong to do so?

13. MadMonk108

Except it seems your position had changed.

First, Bullshido itself was to blame.

Now it's just a few Bullies.

14. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

When you talk about the "group of regulars"... do the math, imbecile. You're the one who's making them out to be the bad guys. I've chased you and PeterG over a couple of threads about this stupidity. Divisive generalizations which you're now backpedaling from because someone called you out on them. Waffle much?

I'm not imagining, you're just delusional and waffling.

Well, if it walks like a duck and whines like a duck...

Of course, that wasn't directed at you, brainchilde, but if you want to claim the mantle of "clueless TMAer", hey, you said it, not me :D

I'm bashing because, well, the self-help gurus have ruined too many good MAs to be allowed to live, to be honest. MA is about fighting. You can be a good person doing any activity, genius. But please, if it's not about fighting, then why are we learning to kick, punch, break lims, and hack each other with weapons? Please, answer that.

I freely admit, I hate fighting. I'm also not dumb enough to assume MA is about anything else. The rest is icing on the cake.

Oh good lord. You really think martial arts came form some mystic monk in the mountains of Asia? You actually buy into those myths?!? Let me let you in on a little secret... most MA styles... only 100 or so years old, tops. No monks, no flying warriors. Just people learning to fight.

Uhm, well, their style of fighting and training is the most real thing we got out there. It's a hell of a lot realer than katas. *shrug* Unless you're going to randomly start taping muggings.

Why? MA isn't about gymnastics, plain and simple. Final Fu, perfect example. A bunch of twenty-something MAers who specialize in katas, XMA and all that other crap. Most of them didn't even know how to throw a punch.

And I can do their moves, btw, I'm a CMAer. I just understand that the fancy ass moves ain't gonna help me in the real world.

Oh poor baby. Welcome to the wonderful world. Judgment all around. Get over it. :rolleyes:

BSD caters to a specific mindset, yes. Of course, if you read my post instead of crying about the ass-raping you probably got over there, you'd see that I also noted that if you're honest about what you are, you're cool over there. But, looks like you got selective amnesia again. Maybe you ought to reread my post, obviously you only read what you wanted to.

Why am I doubting that with all the whining you're doing?

Because I am sick of your crying.

Link the thread. There are two sides to every story.

Uhm, I'm talking about MAP. Learn to read, it will make your life easier as it's so fundamental. Use the "Search function" and see what I'm talking about. Either that or take a bath with a hair dryer, I really don't care which at this point.

Sorry, have to disagree. MAP tends to get more freaks and geeks than BSD, and that's cuz of the looser ToS. If we could self-police, we'd not have some of the stupid stuff that goes on here at MAP.

Uhm, the wanna-be's and the other losers who keep ****ing stupid stuff out of their mouths. I'll just keep bitchsmacking them. It's fun.

15. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Gangrel Childe has just power slammed the truth.

[​IMG]

As for this thread...

[​IMG]

16. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

dah-amb

*sniff* *sniff* ... that, was beautiful...

You must spread more rep around before giving GangrelChilde any more.

- Matt

17. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

well said...preach brother preach

18. Matsufubu

Matsufubu Valued Member

Thanks, I am a prophet.

The simplest thing is for TKD point-sparrers, kung-fu forms champions and the like to actually test what they have learned against a FULLY RESISTING opponent with as few rules as possible. If what you have learned works, then more power to you.

However I, and many others, have done this and learned a valuable lesson - crap training produces crap fighters. That is what BS is about - NOT nutriding BJJ.

19. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

*sniff* *sniff*

They like me, they really like me!

(Now where's my damn statue!)

20. DouglasLam

DouglasLam Valued Member

I think you have to RE-read my first post whereby you accused me of ranting. :rolleyes:

I had made it very clear it is this particular group of people.

and it is not just a few bullies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.