Bullshido

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Emil, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

Here's an idea: read my post. :rolleyes:

(bolded for knee-jerk responders)

2. Mr Punch

Mr Punch Homicidal puppet

Sorry, you added that bit. Perhaps, as you know me so well, you can tell me what they are? :rolleyes:

3. johndoch

johndoch upurs

Is that a quote?

4. MaverickZ

MaverickZ Guest

why waste my time

why yes, yes it is

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  5. johndoch

johndoch upurs

post no please :) or link

6. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah. And I ackowledged I was an ass. Bygones. :D Too bad this thread isn't. :rolleyes:

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Why don't you practice what you preach MaverickZ ?

I've been bad mouthed quite a bit behind my back over there ;)

Lots of BSers that are now active members here and funny how polite they seem to me here ;)

If you care to post on BSD then fine .... it is just another site, no more or less than that. Their Admin can continue to waste his time encouraging the hostility between our two sites .... I have better things to do here

8. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Ahh Bullshido. Well I discovered MAP through Bullshido, and I agree with whoever above said that BSD posters tend to have a blanket image of anyone that comes from MAP. I've found in the general board alot of great posters on this site, and the rest even if I disagree tend to be friendly and fairly open-minded. I've met a few on here (no names mentioned) that I feel should be smacked with a blunt object, but it seems others agree.

Anyway, the difference between the forums is purpose. MAP's purpose is to serve as sort of a 24/7 martial artist tea party, where we can all get togethor and socialize peacefully. There is no agenda, there is no motive, it's just a place to discuss things.

BSD's purpose is to expose BS in the martial arts. Part of that goes well beyond exposing frauds and conmen like Ashida Kim and George Dillman and right into the heart of style and training methodology. Someone said above that if you go onto BSD and say you do Tai Chi you'll be made fun of. This is true, but often because alot of Tai Chi practicioners feel that somehow they are training for self defense in some obscure way, and to BSD that is disparaging and degrading to the notion of martial (military/combat) arts (way/system). If you go on there and say you do Tai Chi but don't claim it is for any reason beyond the number of reasons besides martial prowess (health, spirituality, exercize, fun) then you will still be mocked, but then posters on there such as myself as well as other more senior members will probably lay into them for being sport-fighting nutriding jackasses. Tis the way of the site.

As for decent discussions on there, yes there will be people on there who resort to slinging insults (plazma being one of them, but it's gotten to the point with him that it's just what he does, and it's kinda of a running joke that he's got going) but if you present yourself and your arguments clearly and rationally you will get the same in response. I've seen some of the most enlightening and well thought out debates hashed out over there, and the lack of moderation is what helped it happen. Sure there was a bunch of side-talk and insults in the mix from random commenters, but the crux of the arguments had solid footing and everyones point got across. Heck my first post ever on there was a debate between me and a bunch of BSDers including Asia about street self defense training vs. sport fighting training and I learned alot from that one thread.

All I can say, is that it takes a bit of getting used to, but you'll quickly find where everyone stands and what to expect, and I feel that if you take your training seriously you'll find a home on Bullshido too :Angel:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  9. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

I like to consider myself a pretty open book. My posts on BSD I feel are in the same tone and level as my posts here, with the exception that I am much more likely to swear over there for novelties sake. I have nothing against you, but I've seen countless threads dedicated to mocking you for various reasons.

10. MadMonk108

MadMonk108 JKD/Kali Instructor

Wrong.

There are several respected members of Bullshido who post on MAP, and several respected members of MAP who post on Bullshido.

Wrong.

About half of Bullshido trains in arts commonly considered to be "TMA".

Wrong.

The majority of Bullies get along with each other, and have a very high tolerance for other posters ideosyncracies. You are free to disagree at Bullshido...even with the Admins.

Wrong

Threads are never closed on Bullshido, even when they drift off topic, to encourage the free discussion among posters. It is extremely rare for a MOD to edit a poster's words. When someone is banned, the reasons for the action are posted, for all to see.

You have to be able to back up what you say. You cannot make unwarranted claims. I am not an MMA superstar, and my showings at Throwdowns have been extremely lackluster...but when I speak on subjects I know, such as KMA, people listen, because I can back up what I say.

I'm listening to Puccini's "Nesun Dorma" and drinking Lungjing.

11. MadMonk108

If you fight full contact all the time, all you're going to do is get hurt, and hurt badly. Not even boxers, Kyokushin fighters, and other FC competitors fight full contact all the time.

However, to say that there is no need to pressure test what you are learning is simply untrue.

12. MadMonk108

Ninjers are always funny...except when you feel sorry for them...

13. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

People like to think there is a lot more difference between MAP and Bullshido than there really is. Both forums have the same old same old discussions going on in them, both forums have posters who give n00bs a hard time, both forums have there fair share of complete idiots.

The only major differences I see between the forums are that on MAP we have style forums that let conversations happen in the context of a style (You decide whether you think thats good or not), on Bullshido theres no form of censorship (Again you decide if thats a bad thing or not) and on Bullshido they have the throwdowns (Again you decide if you think moderate contact MMA sparring as a way of giving the participants some right to shoot there mouths is a good thing). Oh and theres the occasional crusade against Internet fraud which again you need to decide whether or not is a good thing.

The idea that bullshido is devoted to MMA nutriding is silly really, they preach alive trainning but if you look at the three major Mods there you have Asia, Omega and Phrost and to the best of my knowledge only Phrost is an MMA guy although I think all three have fought in MMA competition.

14. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

:D

Haha, Akasha, that was directed at me! I was a little like..."woah ok"

strnage strange people, I haven't replied yet.

15. WhiteCraneBoy

WhiteCraneBoy New Member

I was always under the impression that site was a spoof.

I grew up in West Drayton! Stockley estate! My dad's mate used to teach Karate years ago at West Drayton Primary School. He's not still there, is he?!?!?!

16. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

I have no idea at all, my sister goes to a primary school in Hillingdon so I'm not around West Drayton Primary to check.
    I'm on a road next to the Stockley estate.

17. xen

xen insanity by design

oh, the sweet irony

:D

that line is sig-worthy

:cool:

18. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

You know it has the 'feel' from a graphic point of view of 'real ultimate power'

But horses for courses i suppose...

:)

19. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

wow,
    the same breed as the 14 year olds on gaming sites.
    z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z--z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z-z--z :rolleyes:

20. NaziKiller

NaziKiller New Member

One more thing I found quiet nasuea-inducing is the complete butt-licking of two people there: namely, Asia and Omega. I thought it was by one or two people first, but I've seen a lot of posts stating "Omega is a God amongst men, etc.". People seem to (again, this is a phrase I found on some thread) masturbate furiously whenever they're recognised by either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.