Bullshido may be shut down by interpol.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by m1k3jobs, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

He may not be presenting the most thoughtful or mature posts on the site today but the some of the reactions have been pretty combative, shallow, and childish. The fact that a mod managed to get wound into a snipey little back and forth about eachother's personal qualities over a mention of something that is legitimately incorrect, if minor, shows pretty clearly there's some ego at work on both sides.

Seriously Cosmic, he was goading without a doubt but as a halfway mature poster it shouldn't be hard to reply without the personal attacks, or at least save the belittling for after he's thoroughly painted himself as the bad guy. So much more for someone who is responsible for helping moderate the site. As it stands you tipped your hand in the first post and no matter how much you say it's minor to you, it's obvious you've got something considerable invested in it emotionally and couldn't help but act accordingly.

2. Manga

Manga Moved On

Powchoy said - "http://whatscookingamerica.net/Histo...yMtnOyster.htm

You ever tried em smothered in gravy ??"

Some things even I will not do :Alien:

3. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Enough to make the point here though.

4. Dave Humm

No.. it isn't.

It's common trait of those OUTSIDE the military.

5. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Oh - are we going to have a new argument thread on behavioural differences between military and non military conducted by an American LEO and a member of the British Army?

I'll get some popcorn.

6. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Isn't that what Yah Yah said?

7. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Yah Yah must have had more than that by the end...

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

suddenly the stories about why van zandt needed hip replacements start to sound a bit suspicious...

9. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

No. There's never anyone like that in the pubs I go to, everyone is always trying to avoid eye contact with me.

Probably because they're scared of my measuring tape.

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Save it, JWT. Seems he's fishing for an argument as well. Though for the record, I'm working on my eleventh year in the US military now as well (4 years active, rest reserve) and have had two overseas deployments.

I'll pull up my drawers and put away my tape measure now.

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

This thread is useless without pictures!!

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Ermm.....

Please, please, no pictures. This isn't one of those 'video or it didn't happen' threads!

13. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

Bring on the pictures! I have popcorn, and I could do with a laugh.........

14. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'm now having second thoughts about letting you near me with callipers again. :eek:

15. Dave Humm

Just shows how much you actually know.. I'm not in the British Army and haven't been since 1986, however I am a current serving infantry soldier.

What you fail to realise is that things are NEVER as they seem and for you to jump to a conclusion such as yours indicates you really should refrain from posting on a subject you clearly aren't fully informed on based on an avatar and a short status statement.

Enjoy your popcorn.

16. Dave Humm

.. Really.. I see how this works then, when someone expresses an opinion which doesn't meet with your approval, that's fishing for an argument.

Ok whatever.
    You want to compare campaigns and deployments ? Your tape measure isn't long enough brother, trust me.

17. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

shall i supply the butter

18. Happy Feet Cotton Tail

Happy Feet Cotton Tail Valued Member

After Kuma plays satire with macho man measuring contests you STILL make a my is bigger than your- statement!

Maybe you do have a badass military history, I could already believe you've had a penetrating missile wound to the head....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  19. Lorelei

Lorelei Valued Member

Nah - I don't bother with butter, just salt. Pull up a chair - plenty for everyone.......

Still waiting for the photos though. :evil:

20. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Pretty sure he's not too concerned exactly whether you're in the Brit service or not. It's a reasonable assumption to make considering how you present yourself, and since the worst of the consequences is a snappy response on an internet forum, I don't suppose there would've been much point in asking your resume first.
    Seriously, you look almost exactly like Liam Neeson in 60 Seconds of Heaven, you're wearing what I believe is british tans, and you're "Serving God (EDIT:Queen. I meant to type Queen from the beginning. I don't even know why that got juxtaposed.) and Country".
    More has been done and at much higher stakes by professionals on less info.

Really it's a little ways from the point anyway. Most of us know at least one BS'er who can at least verify he was in some service at some point. Most of us involved with shooting, LE, or who deal with prior service individuals as a matter of course know lots of them. Some are current/prior service, some aren't, but whether it's the same people talking a lot or lots of people talking a little, just about everyone's heard some. Your mileage may be different, but that's not quite justification to lash out so readily, especially if you're going to follow it up with instructions on prudence.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011