Bullshido may be shut down by interpol.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by m1k3jobs, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

happy birthday phrost? :p

*flings poo at everyone again*

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Can we please not kick off another Map/Bullshido handbag swinging contest - it took months for the trolls to get bored and go home last time around.

There's plenty of room on the internet for both sites and membership isn't a zero-sum game.

Can we not just congratulate Bullshido on another well played April Fools prank and fix the database error, so we can all get back to training/avoiding training.

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Wow, Phrost you seriously need to lay off the red meat. You ever think about taking up a martial art to channel that aggression?

The Bear.

4. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

For the record, we can't be bothered fixing it. Both Saz and I work long hours during the week and have a number of other things to do during the week, including training, teaching classes and occasionally spending time with our other halves.

Some glitch in a thread's post count really doesn't bother us enough to even spend 2 minutes on. To be honest, it was so inconsequential that I'd completely forgotten about it until now. I suspect that by tomorrow I'll have forgotten it again. So no, it's neither ineptness nor intentional exploitation. It's genuine apathy.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  5. Manga

Manga Moved On

Wait. There's a glitch in the internet? Quick, we've got to let people know before they make a misinformed decision about erm....XBox games? Seriously?

It's days like this that remind me why testicles are overrated.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Overrated? I'm not sure about that...I'm rather attached to mine

(Hannibal is here all week - try the veal)

7. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

OUch!! I think someone mentioned "Daughter of the Devil" earlier...

:jawdrop:

8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Just because you had the Operation, doesnt mean everyone should!

tsk tsk!

9. Manga

Manga Moved On

Severed testicles make ideal playing pieces for Monopoly :D

10. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Actually it's down at the moment ................

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

testicles are fun. i have TWO!

:p

12. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Yeah, we probably shouldn't bang on about this all day - we've all got better stuff to do.

But I have to say I've loved this thread. I particularly like the bit where someone tried to start a penis measuring contest. Don't worry, it is normal, and the girls probably won't make fun of you...

You know when you go to a bar and there's that one drunk person trying to start fights with anyone who looks randomly in his direction....?

13. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

I agree. The 'my forum pwns your forum and has more traffic' arguement made me giggle but roll my eyes too. :p

the april fools tricks are cute. The MartialTalk forum I post on too did that last year when everyone logged on and everyone's avatar had changed to piccy of the same orange tabby cat. We were wondering where all the cats came from :p then it dawned on us: Da crazy admin! :p Who is a cat lover btw and the avatar was his own tabby cat.

14. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

How do you keep the little dog from running off with them?

15. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

A little Xbox play can be a relaxing way to wind down before going to the bar. Someone should start a thread.

16. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Considering the sorry state of affairs those "challenge matches" became, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest. People enjoy watching train wrecks. And when you see the lack of skill in those challenge matches, a train wreck is what it becomes.

Obviously your site's popular, and good on it. Like JWT said, it fills a purpose. Fortunately I have no interest in any of its purposes.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The Annatrocity/Omar/Osiris/Springer feud was awesome IMO!

19. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I never heard of it until recently, never got to see the actual "fight" as it was but seeing the chest thumping beforehand just made all parties on each side look ridiculous.

I think the main reason MAP should avoid such drama is to prevent both damaging the reputation of the site and to avoid members with big egos and low skill trying to pick fights to "represent" MAP.

This is a common thing you see in the military. Those who often talk about their "combat exploits" are usually the ones who don't have much experience and feel they have something to prove.

20. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

I like bullshido and post there. There is a lot of noise but there can be some very good threads.
    Pretty much if you stay out of YMAS and Trollshido you'll miss all the tom foolery. Have to admit I enjoy some of the YMAS threads though.