Bullshido may be shut down by interpol.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by m1k3jobs, Mar 31, 2011.

1. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

From my perspective he just called you on whining - that's not exactly a tough guy act.

You then chose to issue a challenge, which is against TOS, so it's no surprise that (if he's seen it) he hasn't bothered to respond.

2. Phrost

Phrost Banned Banned

It's funny how discussing an actual fight on a Martial Arts forum would be against that forum's Terms of Service...

Which probably accounts for the significant disparity between our sites' respective amounts of traffic.

3. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

People have discussed acutal fights here before with no problems. What you're here trying to do is a bit different from that, though. You're trying to arrange a fight between you and a Moderator. That's a bit different, don't you think?

4. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

That and the free reign to talk utter rubbish

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The M6 motorway has lots of traffic on it, doesn't make it a good road, or indeed a better road.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'd be a bit narked that another site got higher rating than mine purely through a (presumably easy to fix) glitch in post numbers.
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it (as phrost isn't) but I'd probably bring it up given the chance.

7. John Titchen

Well that's life for you. :)

Here I can discuss any sort of fight, I just can't challenge someone to a fight if they disagree (since that is against the law of the land). I can invite them to come and train and form a first hand opinion. :)

But as you say, horses for courses. :) I'm not prepared to read unnecessary swearing in what I hope to be intelligent and amusing debate, so i don't use Bullshido. That's the only reason why I don't post there (I use two other MA forums) . I listen to enough of that language at work. :) Some people like that, and other elements of Bullshido - good for them. :)

8. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

This is a good point but considering that Bullshido deals with hard training, it sure seems like people who live a harder life would laugh it off as completely inconsequential.

9. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Five smilies..

Serious content.

10. John Titchen

I've just had a curry, some booze, and the lure of the pull up bar in front of the tv is calling. Yes, I'm smiling. :)

11. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

OK, time to set some things straight. And I hate to have to say this but your responses have been tediously predictable.

"Offhand" - this isn't the first time you've bought it up. You made quite a song and dance about it last time you graced us with a series of visits too. I'll leave it to the regular members to decide for themselves whether or not they think you're being "offhand".

Aaaand we're onto the predictable responses. At no point did I claim to be a tough guy. Either here or elsewhere on MAP for that matter. I'm well aware of my limitations and not in the slightest bit ashamed of them. You on the other hand, being the predictable one trick pony that you are, went straight for the "yeah, well but I'm 'arder den you" retort. And your clumsy attempt to try to play the tough guy whilst making out that I was is textbook playground psychological projection.

As for this also tediously predictable sequence . . .

. . . wouldn't it be wonderful if it were actually true and I was cowering offline, too terrified to go back online in case the big bad man beat his keyboard at me again. Reality is often far more mundane than fantasy, however. I logged off work after making that post. Took a bus and a train to go get my weekly shopping, took another bus home, unpacked, logged on and saw your response.

Sorry to let you down!

Now this really reveals the kind of person you are. In a few posts you've gone from a clumsy (and painfully transparent) psychological projection of a tough guy image onto me all the way up to now assuming that a challenge has been made and some kind of fight is immanent. Do you really think I'm going to take something like that seriously? It's the internet equivalent of hollering "cum ova 'ere and say dat to my face". It's a low tactic used by playground bullies because they know that if the challenge is ignored or refused they can paint it as cowardice on the part of the person they've threatened.

12. Phrost

Phrost Banned Banned

Wow, that sure is a long post.

13. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Must've been time for your weekly evaluation and group session. :love:

14. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

^^^ And that was a short one ;)

I find it amusing that there is so much time and effort going into something that nobody actually cares about.

The only thing that the post glitch will cause is a higher 'ranking' and we all know what rank means ;) So if somebody find both forums through google they'll stick with the one that resonates best with them, or they'll frequent both.

And by the by. What is it with the internet and instant gratification? If you're 'calling a guy out' at least give him a day to respond, he could be out shopping, training or shagging. Having a real life away from the PC.

And I liked the April Fool, not as good as the time Kickchick bought the site, but it was good.

15. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Ok I'm not too bright but what's the deal with the traffic?

MAP & Bullshido aren't in direct competition are they? It's not like you're all desperate for members.

Kudos for effort for the April fool though :cool:

16. Freeform

There was some nastiness a few years back. Kickchicks attempt to turn MAP into the martial arts equivalent of a Disneyland McDojo made many Bullshido-ers (rightly IMHO) gag. When I was a GM here I called KC out on this many times.

IMHO you can have a forum where people are polite to each other yet still hold opposing views.

17. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Kickchick??

18. Freeform

MAP and Bullshido have been around for a looong time....

19. John Titchen

I'd almost forgotten kickchick. I think she left round about 2006?

20. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I used to inhabit both for a while then moved to bullshido because I was fed up with the "play nice every art is good" attitude. Soon I got fed up with the "MMA is the word for God" approach and stopped posting on ANY board because I did not feel I was pushing myself forward by circle-jerk swearing OR hippie bean-bagging.

Recently I found MAP again and I enjoying my second run.

In honesty there is not a lot of difference in the general attitudes (i.e. if I see BS I will call upon you to justify/clarify). Master Betty would be at home on Bullshido but is equally capable of stating his position without calling someone an "effin goon" so lives here too.

Some of the *ahem* more "gullible" members of the MA community will actually find MAP less welcoming than bullshido as they cannot hide behind the "rude bully" argument when their position becomes indefensible.

Some people like Coke and some like Pepsi.