Bulletproof Coffee?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CrowZer0, Dec 11, 2015.

1. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

You know, I was gonna research how much - and how much actual coffee in their coffee - but I just couldna do it. I just couldn't...

Its not that bad, you know. At least its not taking all day to get a fix the way it used to - I can drive up to the pull-up window three, four times a day - for da good stuff, I'm saying the good stuff - no mo waiting 'round all day for some dirty-ass krispy creme coffee or that sewage that come out of da "capacino" machines at the petrol fill ups.

I'm better than that! :D

2. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Insects - Things like grasshoppers sound good though. I imagine it to be like eating crisps but with a meaty flavour.

Butter in coffee just sounds vile.

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

What kind of butter would go with my Nescafe Gold Blend?

I assume, "I can't believe its not butter" is not a good bet?

6. Mushroom

I went to China where soft drinks and tea were served in a plastic bag and you drink it via a straw, like it was an IV.

The town I stayed at, had a restaurant that only served Cows Head.
    You sit around a large hot plate (like at Benihana) and they'll present the big head.
    Chop it up and grill away. Serve with rice.

brains, blood, gums and all.

That was mid-weird.

What a strange place for a graffitti.

7. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Two tablespoons of butter and one of coconut oil? Is that for a normal cup, or one of those buckets Americans drink out of?

It's like that in South America, too. On long bus journeys the bag ends up being filled again and thrown out of the window :)

8. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

It can't be instant sorry. Has to be grounded or coffee beans. Any grass fed butter would do, like supermarket own brand grass fed. The best for me though is kerrygold.

9. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

2 Cups per 8-12oz So 300-350ml.

10. belltoller

Did you have the option of going out and choosing the (live) cow from which its head would be severed, lol? That was one thing I recall, many times the animal/bug in question would be alive right up until the time it was picked.

This is what they meant by "looking at the menu"!

11. Mushroom

My main issue was...."wheres the rest of it?"

12. belltoller

Most would assume in the form of fillets and prime ribs but knowing that most Chinese ( or a least Cantonese ) tastes don't fancy eating large portions of meat, that's not likely.

I recall taking MIL to a rather nice, steak restaurant upon her visiting us once, years ago. Reverberations of " No taste! Fill you up, aiya!" still in my mind.

13. Mushroom

Necro. But relevant.

Fiiiiinally tried some Bulletproof coffee during my travels to the deepest darkest parts of the North.

Weren't impressed I'll be honest. It's not offensive, and I've eaten greasier and weirder. But...slightly off putting. Didn't like the sheen of oil across my lips. And looking at the spoon with it's film of oil didn't look great either.

Which is a bit weird, as I've also had a butter sauce Turkish dish. (essentially meatballs in fat)

I also didn't get a buzz or felt a caffeine hit. Pretty much fell asleep about an hour or so when I got onto a train.

Dead_pool likes this.
  14. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Somehow missed this thread the first time around. Butter in coffee sounds disgusting to me! Yuck!

Dead_pool likes this.
  15. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

I like butter, I'd probably like it in coffee. But I also like my coffee just as black coffee. I'm a bit of a nut about my coffee.

16. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

Huh, I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to try the centipede nor the water beetle. The scorpion tail, yes. The sheep's penis, maybe... certainly more likely than me trying centipede.

I tried crayfish for the first time at a Chinese buffet near my college. It was quite not my thing (probably didn't help that it was sitting out at a buffet for who knows how long), and I think it turned me off of all sorts of chitinous things.

17. Mushroom

Crayfish is fine...basically a teeny tiny lobster. But it is a lot of work for little meat.

I would love to try a Crayfish Boil (Texas / Viet style). I sometimes use crayfish when I make a seafood paella.

18. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Thats a great word, reminds me of the alien in alien for some reason?

19. Hans Larrave

Hans Larrave New Member

Can you post a link to this, sounds really good.

20. Mushroom

Heres a make at home video.... since you wont be able to get the big tube pump thing they traditionally use.