Bujinkan fighting vids

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Jakesdad, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6QhmMUGVyo"]YouTube[/ame]

Would this be classed as ninjutsu?

I cant comment on the vid properly now as im in work but from what i remember he takes the guy down with a few nice little throws and gets a nice lil headbutt in. Ok the the armbar maybe BJJish but what about the standup?

If it is then we can close the thread and declare me the winner! The MMA guy posts a ninja fighting, who'd of thought it :p

If not, we can get back to the bitching.... :woo: :woo: :woo:

2. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I dont see why not... I mean, I can see some taijutsu in there. It might be a bit dumbed down though. And I mean, Bussey was a student in the Bujinkan.

I love the hip throw too, haha sweet

Haha he also goes for some facial kyusho, lol...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

I said Steve Jennum earlier as an example of ninjutsu. However, he isn't a student of the Bujinkan.

4. Banpen Fugyo

Yeah, its iffy.

Taijutsu was used... from the bujinkan.... Thats about all i can say about it really..

5. Yatezy

Sorry didnt realise, but if hes a student of the Takamatsuden arts then will it really matter?

After all its just the training mindset and at least its a video of a ninjutsu dude putting up.

6. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

Well 1. In a thread called Bujinkan Fight Vids, yeah it might matter
    and 2. Some to a lot of boojers complain that Scott Morris can't be used as a representative of the booj because he's not directly a member, but I believe he has the same teacher as Jennum (I really could be wrong about this so somebody correct me if I am). So either they are both examples or neither are.

7. Banpen Fugyo

They are both examples of fighters who were taught by a former Bujinkan student.

Facts are facts are facts. Whether you agree with his methods, think he 'represents' the bujinkan, and/or thinks he is good doesnt matter much... to me anyways.

8. Yatezy

Fair point
    Not sure myself so really couldnt answer.

Either way they were representing ninjutsu, whether it was BJK we dont know. At least it shows with a the right training mindset they can step up to the challenge, even if Morris did get destroyed. But he mustve won a prelim to get there. Also in his case it was more his idiotic rushing in that caused him to lose the fight.

9. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

Well I don't know anything about Boosey so it doesn't matter to me except for the reason that he left the Bujinkan. If this was because of training methods etc. then it would be important.

10. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

And when he isolates his arm to remove the knife, I'm going to freakin' break it. :rolleyes:

11. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

What about that Ninjutsu guy from the Rickson Gracie documentary, Choke? I don't remember what his name was. Anyone know who he was and where he was affiliated?

12. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

I haven't watched Choke in a while and don't remember a Ninjutsu guy.

13. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

I do not recall a Ninjutsu guy in Choke either.

14. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

This might warrant it's own thread but since we have a video to look at could you tell us (me) what was taijutsu in the clip and why if its not obvious? You said there was some, so I'm also guessing he did stuff that wasn't taijutsu. If you care, why wasn't the rest taijutsu?

15. Banpen Fugyo

There is no "isolation" when you go for your weapon... It should be part of your natural movement so the uke doesnt notice its presence.

I really am surprised you dont know this, if you are a former student.

16. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Even assuming that the arm needs to be isolated, that still doesn't deal with the razor blade.

17. Banpen Fugyo

His kamae, his throw, his trying for kyusho... I mean, if nobody told me he learned any taijutsu I dunno if I could really tell TBH. Its not like its cut and dry or anything. Im not even saying its a good example, Im just saying that I can see a slight influence, thats all.

Nothing to write home about.

18. MacWombat

MacWombat Valued Member

OK thanks.

19. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I dunno about who you train with but in all the times I've rolled (not a whole lot to be honest) both mine and my opponent's hands pass by our beltline on a regular basis.
    Just an example off the top of my head, elbowing the leg down to pass guard. If you have to you can attack the face or upper body or go for an arm sub with your free arm to take attention away, but as your bring your knee up and over your hand can pass by your right pocket or beltloop.

Another, this time with you in guard, you can pull the head down on your left side and hook over the other side's arm with your free right arm, and pull it down against your body. The head attack can just be a clinch type deal or you could draw his attention by working for a gullotine. Either way, by hooking your right arm over his left, you take away the strongest opposition to the knife you can now reach with that hand as well as hide it.
    Nothing works every time, but if you'll explore it with a mind to find things, well.. you'll find things. I'm sure there's a million situations where it could work better, but these are just possibilities my brain's spitting out at the moment.

20. deivu

deivu Valued Member

Here is a vid from SKH. Pretty decent it is supposed to be unscripted, doesn't look to bad.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ7PuSFD_Hc"]YouTube[/ame]