bujinkan & acrobatics ?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by fakii, Jun 6, 2010.

1. fakii

fakii Valued Member

Hi guys,
    a very short & simple question is bujinkan ninjutsu also include acrobatics & body evasion?

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Yes.

Thread over!

:evil:

I think it might help if you define what you mean by acrobatics and body evasion.
    It'll help so folks can see where you are coming from.

3. Last Empire

Last Empire Valued Member

Actually good question, I wanted to know myself
    Sometimes you see bujinkan members doing really amazing agile things up walls, and on pipes, very gymnastic almost, and then you see guys who look like it would be hard to roll
    is the gymnastic side, the scaling walls or flipping off walls after running into them, being able to get onto a roof by holding the edge and then hoisting your body over like i think i saw in a skh book, is this all part of what you will be able to do, or do you have to go and find these things for yourself, sometimes outside the dojo?

4. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

A good instructor will teach you the proper ways of doing all the things you listed, even if he cant do them himself (read: he's a chunky monkey)

On a more general note though, evasion and ukemi are pretty well taught on a weekly, if not a daily basis I would think.

5. antihero.zero

antihero.zero Valued Member

When I trained, I showed up lathered in sweat from the short walk to the dojo, and this subsequently made me hard to grasp hold of, so I suspect that qualifies as "body evasion." Also, I used to practice one donut roll breakfall before rewarding myself with an actual donut.

6. osaki33

osaki33 Banned Banned

i believe the longer serving students or "originals" are quoted as saying that they trained alot in acrobatics particularly as countermeasures but not so much as they got older

7. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

During the classes I got to cartwheels, rolling, handsprings etc have been taught. People only try the harder stuff if they want to....

Personally I find a one-handed handspring a nice ukemi from a ganseki nage. SDFR includes some fairly acrobatic ukemi too.

8. Ninjuries

Ninjuries The Man Who Genbukan Supporter

My spider-sense tells me you're not mad on ninjutsu huh?

9. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Then your partner is doing ganseki incorrectly.

10. Tsukaneru

Tsukaneru Valued Member

Agreed.

11. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Obviously ukemi can be countered. But in training...

12. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

http://youtu.be/ezKyOZVH4VE

This clip starts about a second after Yoshida san demonstrates from an attack. Anyone who has the dvd has seen this.

- Mark Spada

13. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

My point was more that if the ganseki is done properly, a one handed hand-spring isn't really an option for ukemi in the first place.