‘Building the Gymnastic Body’ by Christopher Sommer – a review

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Frodocious, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I should just point out that the back levers I'm doing are tucked, not full!

2. gj5940

gj5940 Valued Member

Hows the back lever coming along I found that beast skills.com is good for helping hints!:)

3. Frodocious

Beastskills is an excellent site. His tutorials are great. My back lever is stuck at tucked at present, mainly because I've not really had time, recently, to dedicate to training.

4. gj5940

gj5940 Valued Member

I found that once i could hold the tucked back lever for at least 20 secs i had no problems stretching out one leg at a time, then I attempted a straddle lever and voila kept it solid for at least 15secs before from went! Front levers on the other hand are very difficult and so is the advanced frog stand:)

5. Frodocious

Just bumping this thread up in case anybody is thinking about buying the book soon. Apparently, there is a second edition coming out at some point which will have more information in it, such as prerequisites for each exercise progression. I'm a little annnoyed with this fact, as there are certain things I would have done differently/concentrated more on if I'd know about the prerequisite exercises.

For those who have the book, there is a thread on the website that gives information about the prerequisite exercises...

http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4313

There is still no sign of any of the other books that are in the pipeline, just the same old 'currently working on principal photography' stuff.

6. gohei_

gohei_ New Member

What about the rest periods in between each set of the static holds, how long?

7. Frodocious

Rest periods should be around 1 minute