Bruising from ju jitsu

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Andrew2011, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Andrew2011

Andrew2011 Valued Member

I've been getting some dark brown brusing on my bicep. Is this likely to be an impact bruise as i haven't really had much contact with this arm?

2. righty

righty Valued Member

Umm if it's impact bruising then it must have been caused by an impact, which you likely would have noticed. However saying that I get bruises all over the place I can't explain.

It could be caused by any number of things including a crushing injury and as bad as a muscle tear. Just go by how bad it hurts and how much it is limiting you as to how much you should be worrying about it.

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Its from the tori gripping your gi really tight when throwing you ...

or from good atemi or blocks

you get used to it

regards

Smurf:woo::woo:

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think that's likely to be a skin pinch bruise.
    Where the gi (or fingers of your partner) gather up some skin. Does just enough damage to bring out a bruise under the skin without any real hard contact.
    More likely to happen on areas of the body that have thin skin and/or that don't get much wear (like inner arms, love handles, inner thighs).

5. moatiliata

moatiliata Valued Member

Man have I had plenty of these. Unless it hurts *a lot* or you start noticing bruises when you haven't been training at all, I would guess there isn't anything to worry about.

6. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Toughens you up !!!

Smurf

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i get random bruises all the time from bjj. no big deal. you'll get used to it.

8. Cavius Da Great

Cavius Da Great Valued Member

being susceptible to bruising can also be a nutritional concern. If you feel that you bruise more frequently than usual could be a myraid of different things such as minor health concerns, iron deficiency, etc. I recommend asking your physician and they will most likely give you an answer.