Bruised Testicle?

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Pretty In Pink, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Saturdays MMA class I get a rolling knee bar on someone, done it slightly wrong and put pressure on my left nut. Took a quick rest and thought nothing of it. 12 hours later I notice a little pain. Like the dull pain after being kicked in the nut (I've got two, but only injured one :p). It hasn't really went away, and when I stand up or sit down it gets more painful, then goes back to being dull painful, like 2/10. When I stand up it's more like 6.5/10.

Can you bruise a testicle? Should I ice it? Does anybody have any good jokes on the subject? ;D

Also, I wasn't wearing a cup. I have one I just don't like wearing it as it's awkward and uncomfortable.

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yes you can bruise them. The bigger risk is if you damage them enough you can rupture them which has some quite severe potential consequences. If its still hurting tomorrow I'd get a doc to look at it tbh.

Also start wearing a cup! I didn't like it either when I first started after so any years of bjj but now its no biggie. I can safely pull things like armbars and kneebars without the fear of that happening :p

3. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Oh yes, you can! My father found that one in his younger years while riding his motorbike - he collided head on with a car that was racing the wrong way and slid over the petrol cap. :wow:

He had just enough adrenaline to stand up and push the bike off the road before he collapsed in agony. Apparently they were swollen and black for a long time.

Basically take a treatment of supportive underwear, warm baths and depending on severity some pain killers for a few days.

Also, wear a cup.

Or take up Karate so you can boast you're working on your "conditioning" :p

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Definatly see a dr if it doesnt improve, you may of twisted or torn something and an orchidectomy is not something you want to experience.

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Chadders stood on the burning deck

His testicle all a quiver

He gave a cough and it fell off

And floated down the river. :D

axelb likes this.
  6. Pretty In Pink

Too scared to google.

Laughed out loud at this.

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Ok, so not wanting to scare you, but...if the pain comes on very suddenly when you move (like when you stand up or sit down), there's a small chance you could be twisting it and cutting off the blood supply. If that happens it's a medical emergency.

You probably haven't done that, but if the pain suddenly gets worse or stops dissipating, you need to see a doctor immediately.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Chadderz has only got one ball,
    the other is in the Albert Hall........

Mushroom likes this.
  9. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

If it makes you feel better about getting it checked I've been hospitalized before and one of my complaints was testicle pain. I think I had 3 separate female nurses check them for me plus one group of trainee ladies :p

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Tell the truth. You went in with a stubbed toe, didn't you? :D

Clever lad. :woo:

11. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Valued Member

I find a massage often helps with relief

12. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

That was a hell of a training day for the new cafateria staff that day.

13. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

I did mine and was getting blood in my semen. There was also a raised red blood cell count in my urine. If you go to the docs they will probably take a sample. Rest up and let it heal and you should be good. A dull ache in one testicle is a common problem for guys even without a traumatic cause.

14. Pretty In Pink

I've had that happen to me before, but I'm to scared to make any deposits just now as it still hurts :p

Going to the doctors today, I'll let you know what they say. (Here's hoping for a hot doc and/or student!)

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I think you've just started a new martial art...Won Hung Lo.

16. Pretty In Pink

I was thinking bal sakk.

17. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Strange how getting tagged in the peaches by a accident whereas many SD teach people to do in deliberately

Or you can be like this guy;

[​IMG]

As with any injury, seek a doctor

18. Pretty In Pink

I'm out of training for a week, possible cyst and blood maybe leaked, not twisted though, which is good.

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Take it easy. Mindful of how you sit and sleep

20. u6s68

u6s68 Valued Member

Mine said it was probably okay but after pain and blood for over a month I said that I really needed to get to the bottom of it and they referred me for ultrasound.

Deposits really hurt too and seemed to slow down the healing process as they aggravated something.