Bruce Lee

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Handsup, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handsup

Handsup New Member

HEY

If Bruce lee was still alive, he'd make tae kwon do look silly.

thats what I think.

what about you?

again...im not impliying anything for those who want to criticise me.

thanks

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

you don't have to imply anything... if anyone wants to criticize your they can start with your lack of ability to spell correctly. :D

furthermore anyone wanting to criticize you doesn't have to try to decipher some implication... they can just read exactly what you typed.... no subtext needed... it's stupid all by itself. :eek:

I think you're a total N00B and you should try to contribute something to the forums instead of nonsense threads like the one you've started. :eek:

3. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

If Bruce Lee were alive, he'd probably not have anything to do with TKD other than flashy kicking in his movies.

Us TKDists already do a good enough job of making TKD look silly to the public anyways.

4. TraditionalTKD

TraditionalTKD New Member

Yeah? Well he ain't. So deal with it.

5. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

I don't think you even do TKD, to make such a daft comment!! And check your spelling!!!

6. mattnz

mattnz Die or get rich tryin'!

Haha, I get it, you're a troll!! :D Good one!

Here you go, here's a link.

http://www.taekwondobible.com/discussion/history/brucelee.html

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but Jhoon Rhee, one of the original (or a very old, at least :) I'm not quite sure, he's a 10th dan anyway) Grandmasters and Bruce Lee were good friends.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  7. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

If Bruce were alive he'd say:

"I gotta learn BJJ!"

8. Handsup

Handsup New Member

i do tkd myself and i love it..

jeez....no need to kill me for saying Lee would make a mess out of it...

.....cant a man speak his mind no more

i personally think Bruce Lees fighting philosophies were the best, and he could well have been the best fighter in the world

9. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

i think bruce lee would be to busy perfecting his own art and showing other fighters options then picking on tkd. he would probably in general pick on all martial arts that ignore student abilities or lack of, ignore needed fighting skills that are left out, lack of sparring ect...

he probably would criticize anyone whom tried only one style and did not find the one for them. if it works for you, then why would you need to listen to what bruce lee says? hehe

bruce lee may criticize TKD for not being as effective in selfdefense or street fighting, but he wouldnt' say "its the worst in tkd tournaments" lol.

seriously, you have to look at the purpose of the art. is it to be the best in a cage? to be the bets in the streets? to be good in meets or competitions? to enjoy kicking?

if you were a tkd expert, bruce would not say "forget everything you know about tkd". instead he would hopefully say "here try this, and add that, now use it with your tkd".

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  10. KidCanFight

KidCanFight good is not good enough

Well thats rather random.

11. Tribalweapon

Tribalweapon Valued Member

Couldn't have said it better

12. Handsup

Handsup New Member

tru

13. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

if you wish to discuss bruce lee then there are many many threads that have already been started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.