Bruce Lee vs top MT fighters

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Al_Bundy, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy Valued Member

I'm bored, so humor me...
    What do you think how would Bruce manage and what would these fights even look like? What would be the outcome if you put him in the ring with Buakaw, Yodsaenklai, Sauwer, J.W.Parr?
    Bruce vs Saenchai...Bruce vs Somrak Khamsing...i'd pay to see that.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Small chinese dude getting the crap kicked out of him?

3. repulse

repulse New Member

I always wondered how he would do in the UFC ... with say GSP or Anderson Silva.

4. liero

liero Valued Member

haha, bruce vs JW parr:

And bruce walks into the ring, WOW does JW have a size advantage, they tap gloves...
    Parr opens with a leg kick, wait, Lee is so much smaller that the leg kick took his head off!!!

That mustve Hurt.

Size advantage would be oblitoratory imo

5. kokuToraRyu

kokuToraRyu Valued Member

With respect to you all

From what I have read and seen on documentaries, Bruce Lee was challenged by many Muay Thai Fighters and I believe he beat them all whilst he was filming the Big Boss which was filmed in Thailand

I'm not Bias as I am a Karateka so Kung Fu and Muay Thai are not my thing although I still believe they are both effective styles (I would rate Muay Boran higher than Muay Thai though)

6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

7. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

No evidence of this and it is very unlikely. Bruce Lee was primarily an actor and would have been severely unlikely to fare well against someone who was a professional fighter. In terms of fighting today's top rank... nope no chance. If he had trained to fight and if he was fighting someone around the same weight who knows but as he was back in the day... not a chance.

8. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

He would die, you need wonder no longer!

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Bruce would own them, no doubt at all in my mind. He never lost a fight.

10. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

At least until the director yelled "cut". Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

11. Morra

Morra Valued Member

I don't know about this particular story, but Bruce did take challenges, and he was a championship boxer.

He was not primarily an actor in my opinion, he was first and foremost a martial artist.

As for fighting MT guys, I personally believe he would have destroyed them. He looked into all the major sport fighting systems, analyzed, and dissected them.

I think it would look like this: his foot work and interceptions would make him very difficult to hit. It would be very frustrating for the MT man. Bruce's kicks would be faster than the MT kicks, and probably more powerful, I think he would win by timing and intercepting their round house kicks.

But we'll never know...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  12. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

I think the question is dumb but you need to research about BL before making such a statement,he was one a fighter who acted. what he did for the screen was/is nothing like what he did for real

13. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

:rolleyes:

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm pretty sure it was a small boxing tourney put on by his high school, in point of fact. Hats off to him for competing. But it was hardly sufficient to call him a champion boxer.

Stuart

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Like ap says he was not a championship boxer and while he may have took part in challenge matches he was not a professional fighter, he was a professional actor. He was a good martial artist, a good instructor and he is an important figure in the history of martial arts but there really is no more reason to think Bruce would do any better than say Jet Li or Jackie Chan would against a professional Thai Boxer. I'm not doubting he could fight but I sincerely doubt he would have any chance against a top tier Thai Boxer.

As regards your analysis of what Bruce would do against a Thai Boxer I have to say it suggests to me that you have a somewhat unrealistic perception of Bruce Lee's abilities and a rather clear lack of experience of Thai Boxing. If it was possible to do what you suggest then you have to wonder why no-one else seems to do it.

And g-bells I'm basing my statement of a previous discussion on here where Yoda (I believe) posted some extracts from his diarys where over a number of years he wrote down his goals for the future. His goals centred around acting, becoming famous and making money not with fighting or competing in tournmanets. That is what I am basing my comment on.

EDIT: Found the thread... it's not from his diary it's from a piece of paper (dated 1969 and signed) where he wrote down his 'definite chief aim' apparently following the directions from a book called "Think and Grow Rich". Here's the quote:

I, Bruce Lee, will be the first highest paid Oriental super star in the United States. In return I will give the most exciting performances and render the best of quality in the capacity of an actor. Starting 1970 I will achieve world fame and from then onward till the end of 1980 I will have in my possession $10,000,000. I will live the way I please and achieve inner harmony and happiness.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  16. Hiroji

Ckava;

Are you serious! you accuse Bruce Lee of being more of an actor than a fighter - based on what Yoda told you!?!? Cmon dude Bruce Lee may have been an actor, but at least he was human, and not CGI like Yoda!!!!

17. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Yoda is cgi???? Hiroji you have shattered my belief in the force.

At the time of the big boss Bruce Lee was a young chinaman who had done SOME serious training had he challenged a Thai Boxer he would most likely have been facing someone who had trained since childhood.Not a good idea.

regards koyo

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  18. Hiroji

Hahahah! :D

19. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy Valued Member

i think lee's phisical abilities would be superior to many of todays fighters...but of course he would be handicaped when facing someone who trained MT since he was 6

20. Dehitay

Dehitay Valued Member

Bruce Lee was actually a championship boxer. However, he competed in Hong Kong and won the 1958 championship, so it's not that easy to compare him to American boxers or boxers from whichever country you're from. It's true that his occupation was acting and not fighting, but that should not really affect your views of his abilities. Not everybody makes a living doing what they're best at (especially if something else pays a hell of a lot more).

Bruce Lee's style emphasizes speed, power, and efficiency. It isn't really limited by size either. Muay Thai fighters however fight by weight class. If you were actually to put Bruce against a Muay Thai fighter from his own weight class, I would be quite willing to wager on Bruce winning that fight. And even if you were to put him with a fighter far over his weight class, I still wouldn't quite wager on his defeat even if I wouldn't wager on his victory.