Bruce Lee Quotes

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by lma, Sep 16, 2011.

1. lma

lma Valued Member

I have a question about a Bruce lee quote. I believe it is about a puncher always beeting a kicker . There is more to it than this but I don't know the more to it, were he said it or when he said it.

I just remember reading somewhere Bruce lee said summit to this affect. I can't remember what exactly and I know there was more to it. Bruce lee was an awesome kicker and wouldnt have wasted all his time practising them IF he thought they were useless hence why I know there was more to it.

Any other unusual Bruce lee quotes would be welcome to post aswell . We all know the be like water one but Im thinking more unheard of ones.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

The one you re looking for is - I believe - "A puncher will always beat a kicker and a grappler will always beat a puncher"

If this is the right one it wa actually Robert Smith (well writing as John Gilbey)

3. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Another good one he said and I like is " Footwork can and will beat any kick or punch":)

4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Just go out and buy the Tao of JKD? You'll get all the quotes you want :p

5. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Just bear in mind that many are either direct quotes from other's works,or Bruce's slight modifications of same.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Tuttle Library is far better for Bruce Lee quotes

7. lma

lma Valued Member

Robert smith and John Gilbey ?

Tuttle library ?

I have read tao of jet kun do , I cant remeber if I finished it though or liked it for that matter. May have to read it again!

8. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Tuttle is a publishing house.

The late R.W.Smith was an early (1960s) writer on CMAs.He also mixed fact and silly fiction in a couple books writing under the name of Gilby,and co-authored what is now titled "Comprehensive Asian Fighting Arts" with his buddy Donn Draeger.