Bruce Lee beaten by Trovador Ramos?

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Combat Sports, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Even Sijo Bruce finds this boring. :D

Bruce Lee.png

Hannibal likes this.
  2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

downloadfile-2.jpg

I love how these stories all come out after Bruce died....and strangely there is nevrr amyone else who saw these things transpire

Reminds of how Vic Moore made his nonsense claims after Bruce died, not realising that there was actual full footage available to prove him a liar

This "claim" doesn't even have footage and smacks of absolute fiction....

I declare "shenanigans" forthwith

querist, Grond and Dead_pool like this.
  3. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I'm reasonably certain that any time anyone brings up any of these obscure theories or goes "Have you heard about teeny tiny martial art/instructor X" it's people with a vested interest trying to market what they're asking about.

Hannibal likes this.
  4. Blandokalrisian

Blandokalrisian New Member

I don't know the names. However I have seen old old footage of eskrimadors schooling Bruce Lee. 100%

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Please provide links then. Otherwise, it is just more rumors and unsubstantiated claims with no validity.

Anyway, who cares? Eskrima is a part of JKD now, isn't it? Wasn't his whole thing is to add what is useful? And isn't that what happened to the art he founded- regardless of whether or not it is true?

As previously pointed out, he wasn't a professional fighter. And even then, top tier professional fighters lose. They aren't invincible. It doesn't make their teachings less valuable. It is all about what one learns from losses to make them better.

Really, it isn't his fault, but the whole godlike worship infallible Bruce Lee mythology thing is really annoying to me.:rolleyes:

6. Blandokalrisian

I don't know about the JKD thing or politics, I just practice and I saw the videos and decided to look it up and everyone wanted to claim that it's false or only rumors or no one knew. It was probably 50-60 years ago and Bruce Lee went to learn from them is what I was told..... anyways just figured I'd say "hey I've seen it and it's true". It was very amazing footage. Also it was on a VHS and I don't think it will ever see the internet. Bruce Lee didn't suck, those old eskrimadore were just badasses, believe what you want lol

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

What I believe is that if there was footage floating around in any format, it would have been transferred to a format to be on the Internet by now. And I am not a Bruce Lee fan by any means.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Hannibal likes this.
  8. Hannibal

No you didn't

It doesnt exist...if It didnit would have been reproduced amd shown

I have closed door FMA footage in my personal collection that was given to me by people who are and were there before, during and after Bruce and Dan ledt...I have whiled away the wee small hours talking to a GM friend of mine about FMA history in Stockton, the Phillipines and everywhete else...the community is actually quite close

This footage simply does not exist

I will be generous anf allow for grainy footage to be mistaken or misattributed...but when we have footage from the turn of the 20th century on YouTube i laugh at the notion this "Bruce Lee lost a fight" footage wont be seen for technically reasons

Unless "non existent" is technical

axelb, ned and querist like this.
  9. Blandokalrisian

Hey believe what you want man I'm telling the truth for realzies. But who cares I shouldn't have made this account or posted this reply forget it all even happened

10. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Why is it that these claims, as Hannibal said, surface after the person who could most easily debunk them (Bruce Lee) has passed away? I'm with Hannibal on this one - proof or it didn't happen.

Hannibal likes this.
  11. Blandokalrisian

Who knows or cares....... 50 and 60 years ago was he in his prime? Or was he in his prime after this happened I don't know or care really. I don't know anything . Like I said just wanted to share with you guys

12. querist

Again, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. This is a fairly simple thing to prove if it actually happened. Surely SOMEONE recorded this event other than the one person who stands to profit most from this rumour - Ramos. Basically we have a nobody claiming to have beaten the man who was considered to be one of the, if not the, best martial artist of his day. If anyone actually _had_ beaten Bruce Lee, word would have been out long before now and the Ramos' guy's name would be a household word.

I also find it interesting how you changed your story from "I've seen it and it's true" to "I don't know anything."

Sorry. I'm with Hannibal. For lack of evidence, I'm going to say this claim is fiction.

Hannibal likes this.
  13. Blandokalrisian

I appreciate your opinion. It was a poor choice of a joke to say I know nothing. I know very little, yeah that's better take it easy sorry I threw a wrench into your world of gears

14. querist

No worries. As you may have noticed, the martial arts community has been subjected to numerous extraordinary claims. People study martial arts for various reasons, some of which include self-defence. Anyone claiming that he was able to beat a renowned fighter during that fighter's period of renown and then use that claim to promote his art is going to be subjected to scrutiny. That's all. We're just trying to sort fact from fiction.

15. Blandokalrisian

Naw I get it sorry I cannot provide anything but my word. But hey it's an "idea" hahaha

16. Hannibal

All fictions are ideas - when they are presented as truth they pass from “idea” to “lie”

Make a shoe of that leather if you want and feel free to lace it

17. Blandokalrisian

I wouldn't say lie I would say myth as you all hold so dearly to not throw off your own personalized ways of thinking and yeah it's a size 10 1/2, fits perfect. But gosh darnit I said I don't care and here I am trying to prove myself when I have been told to be humble, it's bitter sweet if that makes sense. But who knows I'm just rambling by now

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Maybe some of us are closer to the truth than you know.

The stories surrounding Bruce Lee are spouted by those not in the know.

All they have are fairy tales and grainy footage of Bruce in his back garden.

When you get closer to those who were there, or associate with people that have trained with Bruce's, his instructors, friends and students you get another story.

axelb and Hannibal like this.
  19. icefield

icefield Valued Member

You know the reverse is also true, a large number of people made a living off Bruce and bring connected to him.

You would have thought if clips of him existed showing him to be this great fighter they would have also digitised them to make even more money...

axelb, aaradia and Hannibal like this.
  20. Hannibal

“I beat Bruce Lee and here is the footage “ makes you a Celebrity overnight