Broken TOE!!!

Discussion in 'Injuries and Prevention' started by Sgt_Major, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

So playin footy on Friday I got my big toe on my right foot broke. :(

Felt sore, but I finished the game, then ran the 5miles back to the office before I realised something was badly wrong.

Toe and foot are twice normal size and black as tar!

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Got any photos?? My broken digits were blue.....never seen a black 'un! :)

3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

I bet that hurt a lot !!!

Can we call you by your new fighting nickname ..............HOPPY !!!!

Get well soon

Smurf

4. Sgt_Major

Ive photos on my phone... will see if I can upload em...

5. prowla

prowla Valued Member

It takes a while to get over a broken toe, and you have to compromise and turn on your heel (TOH) until it can take the weight.
    The worst thing that can happen whilst you are out and about is when you are walking along and come to a corner and nearly collide with someone and have to stop quickly - your weight goes on the toe, and it hurts!

6. Sgt_Major

I have a big international Airsoft weekend in 2 weeks. I suspect my foot will be in agony after that weekend.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

It might be better by then.My bf had a broken toe and after a couple of weeks he had started putting weight on it and it was significantly less painful.

8. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Never broken my toes but i dislocated 3 of them a few months back after they got caught in between the mats and my training partner landed on top of them with his foot. Being a clever one i snapped them back into place and carried on training - next day my foot had swollen up and had gone black. Ok now except for when i bump them, will probably take a while before they are pain free altogether.

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I dislocated a toe by landing a jump slightly wrong in a kata a few days before a competition. Foot ended up twice its usual size (and thats saying something with my size feet!) but it didn't go black or blue. I missed the competition and for a few training sessions I couldn't pull the toe back for kicking or anything like that.

I still call sabotage, as I was training at another club who I'd be competing against when the dislocation happened :mad: :D