Brock Lesnar

Discussion in 'MMA' started by old palden, Aug 11, 2008.

1. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Lesnar is a MONSTER!!!!

He might beat himself as he did against Mir, but I don't believe anyone will beat him anytime soon.

How long till we get to watch him spank Kimbo Slice?

2. liero

liero Valued Member

got video footage of the fight?

3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Why the hell do people want to see him fight Kimbo Slice?

Nog will spank Lesnar, but he should have a few fights before that, though I fear they won't as it will be a huge draw.

Brock Lesnar was brought in to make lots of $$$.

4. Banjar Man

Banjar Man New Member

I don't follow this MMA scenes in the USA. The last time I saw Brock lesnar in a fight was when he was in WWE fighting the Big Show. As theatric as the wrestling entertainment is, i find that fighting such a big man and knock him out cold was a mighty impressive thing to do. How did he face in MMA?

5. Marauder

Marauder Valued Member

Brock Lesnar? What is the UFC coming to when they start getting WWE wrestlers fighting? That fight was like watching a WWF wrestling match. It was more like a circus with him trying to work the crowd and all the rest of it. All the show ponying.

The guy is a loud mouthed yank with no humility or respect for his opponent. Can't wait for a really good striker to come along and trash him. I can't see him lasting in the UFC long.

6. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

What is the standard of drugs testing in the UFC? Without throwing any accusations the guy is a pretty lean 280 lbs and has obviously used in the past.

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

The size of his neck is ridiculous, and the tattoo on his chest looks like a ........never mind!

8. piratebrido

A big poorly drawn sword. Just say it Lou. He has a big bell end on his chest.

He is **** strong and bloody quick too. Don't hate him because he was a pro wrestler. He was an amateur wrestler before that, and his size and speed make him a bit of a freak of nature.

His base is amazing, when he is on you it's no easy feat to get him off you.

He was disrespectful, however I suspect he was brought in to be that way. Tito sold a lot of PPVs with his antics. Same idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  9. Marauder

Marauder Valued Member

I'm not going to hate the guy because he is a wrestler, I just don't want to see the UFC turn into a WWF circus.

The guy is massive! I'm surprised that he was only 15lbs heavier than Heath Herring; he looked a lot bigger.

Heath fought the wrong fight. He should have kept his distance, used a lot more lateral movement and not have gone toe-to-toe with him. I'd be interested to see Brock's stamina levels in a prolonged stand-up fight.

10. piratebrido

He was a hell of a lot bigger than 15 lbs heavier. Remember that is at weigh in, so all fighters enter the octogon heavier than their weigh-in weight. Think it was mentioned that he was about 280 (maybe even 290?) in the ring, he cuts a huge amount to make weight, something he is no stranger to from his amateur wrestling days. Tim Silvia was the same I believe, he had to do a serious cut to make weight.

11. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Why would you cut for a heavyweight fight?
    I was impressed with Lesnar, for only his third fight he put on a very competent display. He's clearly a very good freestyle wrestler, and with Greg Nelson he's got a savvy coach who's a good teacher. I expect as time goes on his striking and submissions will improve, and he'll be your typical CSW fighter.
    On the flipside I think Herring fought dumb. Against a big guy he threw one leg kick the whole fight. He should have realised he wasn't going to outwrestle him and worked on outside striking and guardwork.

12. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I thought Lesnar put up well in the fight - that 1st punch sent herring backwards head over heels, and thats no mean feat.

with xxxxl gloves, the mans hands are HUGE! I reccon he's a force to contend with when he has some more experience from more fights.

Would indeed love to see him pair off with a good striker, someone like crocop or that.

13. Marauder

Marauder Valued Member

Unsure about Crocop. I think he's too one dimensional as a fighter.

14. SgtGF

SgtGF Part time lurker

I think if Cro Cop was in his prime it'd be an excellent fight. However all the years of fighting and police work are definitely catching up Mirko, he's running into a lot of injuries these days. Someone close to Cro Cop's kicking ability would be an excellent fight for Brock though, I don't know how much experience he has fighting someone with good leg work.

15. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Why do people want to see any two people fight?

Who is Nog? Was he the troll in Lord of the Rings? And whoever he is, I'll still put $20 on Lesnar.

Of course Lesnar was brought in to make $$$$. That's why promoters put anybody in the ring.

16. SgtGF

SgtGF Part time lurker

On the off chance you aren't joking...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Rodrigo_Nogueira = Nog

Current UFC Heavyweight champ only pro losses by decsion, and even Fedor couldn't knock him out. You could just give that 20$ to charity and save yourself the trouble.

17. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

No doubt but he isn't as thick now as he was in his WWF days but given the past history of steroid use in the WWF it's a safe bet that he doped.

His wrestling credentials though are quite impressive. He was a 2 time NCAA All American for Minnesota; 2 time Big-10 Champion, and had a college career record of 106 - 5 for 4 years of wrestling. He has good ground skills as most wrestlers will. Yes he joined the WWF. He also quit and tried professional football but failed due to "injuries" keeping him from practicing (read into that whatever you want). Sure he is an entertainer but have to give anyone that wants to step into a cage props. He has a lot of areas to improve and that is why this last fight is a bit scary. I mean, Herring has experience, much as Mir did. Only thing was Herring could not get rid of Lesnar. Mir, some would say, got lucky.

Any way you cut it, Brock is big, powerful, quick, and will be a draw for gate $$$.

18. old palden

old palden Valued Member

If Lesnar loses to him, I'll give the $20 to the charity of your choice.

19. fitmind

fitmind Valued Member

Lesnar was impressive in his ability to control Herring but I was surprised by his inability to finish. I still believe that Lesnar will have trouble with most high level submission grapplers.

20. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Lesnar is no joke but he's also a novice.

I wanna see him fight either Kimbo Slice or Hong Man Choi, like he was originally supposed to in his pro debut. Why? Cuz both are also outrageous personalities who are good but not experienced. Both have unusual physical attributes that make them exceptional but aren't guranteed a win with their imposing physical prowess just like Lesnar.

On the business side the novelty of the event would bring in viewers and being that all these guys are novices I think facing off for these guys would really aid all their experiences in the fight game.

I'm personally in favor of guys with comparable records facing off against each other before they step up.