Breaking news from Korea...

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by JAY_TKD, Dec 10, 2003.

1. JAY_TKD

JAY_TKD New Member

"It is being reported out of Seoul, that the government in Korea has today seized the $30-million home of the President of the World Taekwondo Federation (WTF). They have also seized Kukkiwon, which is the Taekwondo sports complex owned by the Korean Amateur Sports Association, operated by the President of the World Taekwondo Federation. The headquarters of the WTF and the WTF World Academy are both tenants at Kukkiwon.

No other information is available at this time."

I wonder what this is about.... anyone else hear anything???

2. JohnG

JohnG SNAFU

Uh-oh

3. JAY_TKD

JAY_TKD New Member

4. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

I think Thomas started a thread about a scandle in the Kukkiwon. Something to do with gradings being issued and paid for but not being registered.

He'll know more I think.

5. JohnG

JohnG SNAFU

Just been on the phone to my Master. He said that there has been corruption for years, and anyone concerned about the authenticity of their Kukkiwon certificate should contact the Kukkiwon directly.

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Google around with it, there is information there...

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

whew!!!

.... breathing a non-WTF sigh of relief !!!

There is a reason why there are org and unions out there that offer a "politics-free" environmnent... really there are!

8. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

This is down to corruption, not politics ;)

Corruption comes from profit :D

9. JohnG

JohnG SNAFU

Please can you tell me who they are. In 13 years of MA I've stiil yet to come across one.

10. Ara

Ara New Member

I think there was a hint of sarcasm in her original quote, but i could be wrong :)