Breaking Bricks, where do you buy them?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by bmcgonag, May 25, 2007.

1. bmcgonag

bmcgonag Valued Member

I can't seem to find the type of brick I used to break, when I was MUCH younger, and full of stupid.

I'm wondering, what type of bricks do you guys break, specifically please, and where do you buy them.

I live in Albuquerque, NM, USA, so i'm really looking for a USA store of some kind that would be here too.

thanks,

Brian

2. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

I get mine from the building supppliers

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Scotts TKD. Full of Rock Hard!

Mitch :D

4. bmcgonag

bmcgonag Valued Member

And what do you use? Dimensions, material?

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Hoose and I are in the uk so it's a bit difficult to recommend for you, but uk housebricks are standard so we can just go buy them.

No sure on measurements/materials, or how detailed you'd need that to be.

Mitch

6. jcurtis

jcurtis Valued Member

7. TheMadhoose

Satndard house brick is the norm in the UK i have no idea if america has anyhing similar

8. Klassh

Klassh New Member

Just go to Home Depot and find something suitable. Just make sure it has a smooth finish. Hell, if no one is looking, break a couple see how it fairs ;-)

Alternatively there are re-breakable bricks you can order. Or you can ask a local sabumnim for some kind of standard brick used.

9. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

Garden center at Lowes, Home Depot, or a Wal-Mart superstore.

10. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

try ebay

11. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

12. bmcgonag

bmcgonag Valued Member

See, I new the thickness was <2.5" thick, but all I can find here is > 2.5". I'm good and all, but I would like to still be able to type into the forum after my attempt.

No biggie, I will keep looking around, and thanks for all the responses. I did break 3 and 4 boards flush on each other as a generic substitute, and passed 3rd dan by the way.

Best to you all,

Brian

13. TheMadhoose

dont be fooled breaking 4 boards and breaking a brick are way different. bricks bite back no matter how well you break them unlike wood which is softer on the knuckles