Breakfast

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Greg-VT, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Hellllooo.

Just wondering -
    Somedays within the last week or so, I've just been making up a quick shake in the morning instead of breakfast, or I should say, as breakfast.

I usually just throw in a whole egg, milk, a bit of protein, and a powered flavoring which we call down here Milo (which also has about 70% carbs).

I don't feel that quite good enough for such a morning meal.

So is there anything you would recommand to add to or replace the ingredients I've mentioned?

It would be great to just quickly whip something up and then chug it down, and know It'll last me untill lunch.

2. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Fried Bacon, Sausage, Egg, Black Pudding, White Pudding, beans, mushrooms, soda scone, waffle and tomatoe. Nice strong sweet coffee to wash it all down.

Get it down yer! :D

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

proper breakfast :D

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

LOL .... and you just happen to just "whip" all of that up Andy?? ;)

Wow...

So I'm getting from your post Ving that you want a breakfast that you can quickly chug down ... as in drink??

Great ideas here on this site. http://www.energyfirst.com/breakfastrecipes.asp (you can substitute their product for whatever protein you happn to be using)

I usually have oatmeal & coffee (need my caffeine in am) but trying to drink more green tea instead!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2004
  5. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Power Breakfast

Bacon, Eggs or Sausage mixed with some onion and garlic then mixed in fried rice. Mmmmmmmmmm good :D

6. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Only on a Sunday occasionally KC.

Drop buy sometime, you won't want to eat again all day! ;)

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I eat porridge, made up with water. I'm a rubbish eater in the morning, because I can't have milk, which kinda ruins breakfast for me.

I'm an awful awful person in the mornings. I'm so bad, my family actually stay in bed till I've left the house!

I love a good fry up though! Gets me out of my Hell-Bitch-On-Wheels mood a bit quicker. Shame I don't have time weekday mornings :(

8. TigerAnsTKDLove

TigerAnsTKDLove Ex-TKD'er 2005.

maybe you can fruit to that mix to give it a more enjoyable flavor...... just a thought....

9. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Thats a real celtic breakfast! :)

Watch braveheart and thats what you'll eat ;)

10. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Yep, thats the idea :D.

Off the check out that site for added bonus to all you suggestions.

And Andy, I may aswell forget about going to work (work... hehe) when I'll being cooking up that feast all day! Great stuff :)

Thanks guys :D

11. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

With practise and good ultization of saucepans, you can knock up a good fry up in about 5-10 minutes :D

Don't put the eggs and mushrooms in the same pan though, it goes all gross.

12. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Oh, I've seen how you lot "knock up a good fry up" first hand. Impressive :D

To be honest, I've never seen a breakfast such as that untill I was over there. My dad loved it, every B&B, he'd be having a BBQ for breakfast!!

And Andy, you forgot the HP Sauce!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  13. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Want quick? Want protein? Scramble about 4-5 eggs and then make yourself a helping of oatmeal (it's good with bee pollen and honey). That breakfast takes me about 10 minutes to make to 5 eat. Drink about 8 oz of milk and you have yourself about 40-45 grams of protein.

Also, on the day that I don't fix that, I have 2 servings of yogurt, quarter cup of cottage cheese mixed with barbeque sauce, and a can of tuna mixed with sweet relish. That breakfast takes like no time to fix, just the amount of time to open it up and put it on your plate and I think that has about 50 grams of protein.

Anyway, I'm a creature of habit and those are the two breakfasts I alternate between.

14. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

peppered bacon, power bars, vitamin/mineral pills, and my muscle man shake!!!!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  15. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

So guys, but I'm looking for carbs/energy here.

Thanks for the suggestions though, those shakes you mentioned with 40gms Protein could come in handy!

16. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

nothing like a plate of eggs and pankaces and bacon to start off he day. in fact i have to have that tommorow for the FCAT testing

17. Kenpo Kicker

Kenpo Kicker New Member

For carbs I guess some english muffins will do or regular muffins :). Maybe some toast. I love pancakes and imagine those would help out as well.